The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

First Year Entry

Hi, I've received a offer from Heriot Watt for First Year entry into the Economics and Business Management Course, I'm from England and I've read first year is intended for Scottish highers so I'm just wondering does that mean that most people on my course will be 17?
From when I was in first year doing economics almost everyone is 18+. Most Scottish people are 18 when they go to uni, it is a common misconception that most are 17, obviously for those who have birthdays in december etc with still be 17. In my course (now third year) I was say the ages go from 20-35 with the mean being around 23. Any other questions feel free to ask!
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by SamSamoon
Hi, I've received a offer from Heriot Watt for First Year entry into the Economics and Business Management Course, I'm from England and I've read first year is intended for Scottish highers so I'm just wondering does that mean that most people on my course will be 17?

no most will be 18. first year is for Highers in scotland a lot of people dont sit Advance Highers(A2) or only one/two. alot only sit more highers.
Reply 3
Original post by SamSamoon

nope:smile: most scottish applicants apply for 1st yr entry:P

Quick Reply

Latest