The Student Room Group

Ronnie Biggs Dead

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2525663/BREAKING-NEWS-Great-Train-Robber-Ronnie-Biggs-dies-aged-84-years-ill-health.html

I'm only posting this because I'm interested in what people on TSR think about it. Do you think a criminal like this should be remembered and praised by so many people? Why do so many people give the man respect when he was just a thief?
Good riddance. He was a criminal, a thug, and a coward. He should have gone to jail and stayed in jail until he died.
Reply 2
he's still had the last laugh. i remember his son blubbin' about how he was gonna die unless he was let out of nick. how long did he live on in a home provided for him and health care for which he never paid a penny for? this country wants to find it's back bone again.
Reply 3
He was a funny bloke.
Reply 4
Original post by CEKTOP
He was a funny bloke.

I'm sure plenty of criminals are 'funny blokes', but does that mean we should idolise them?

Its an amazing coincidence that the BBC were showing the drama series on the Great Train Robbery tonight as well, almost too coincidental, I can already see the conspiracy theorists' minds buzzing:rolleyes:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Olie
I'm sure plenty of criminals are 'funny blokes', but does that mean we should idolise them?

I don't think that I'm idealising anyone.
Remembered yes, given the scale of the crime he was a part of, and because he was probably allowed out as a compassionate gesture only because the man convicted of the Pan Am Lockerbie bomb was being released. Not glorified.

I will also remember him as he lived not far from me for the last four years of his life, and about 18 months ago saw him on a sunny day having a trip out of his home (with a carer, and in a wheelchair).
He was part of a gang that left an innocent man with serious injuries. It's depressing that some people seem to idolise him.
Reply 8
He's just idolised by the type of people who sit in Wetherspoons arguing over Jack Wilshere's best position.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending