The Student Room Group

Caught speeding

I have a blackbox in my car however it only works when connected to my phone Bluetooth, it won’t work otherwise or if my phone is dead or low battery.
My phone was dead when driving back from work and I think I’ve been caught speeding by a police van. So my blackbox didn’t record my driving due to my phone being dead, and now I’m potentially going to be getting points on my license and a fine.
What will happen with my insurance if I do receive points?
Reply 1
If its your first time, will most likely be a speed awareness course, given that you weren't going a stupid amount above the limit. The other option is, however, 3 points and a fine. You don't have to tell insurance now but you certainly will have to at renewal - at which point your cost will go up. I know when i got 3 points for my speeding, my insurance went up by about £50 or so.

Food for thought - perhaps don't speed on a policy that is reliant on you obeying the law, or simply get better at avoiding the speed traps :lol: Can confirm speed vans are always in places where you'll want to put your foot down - perhaps downloading Waze or using google maps can avoid?

If you haven't received a NIP in the post in 14 days, consider yourself lucky.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending