The Student Room Group

Psychology A2 Questions (AQA)

There are a lot of 4 markers which say 'Outline and Briefly explain', which i wouldn't think is a 4 marker... How much do i write, and what extent of content detail do i need?
Reply 1
Hi Jasper... I took Psychology and my teacher said that the exam tries to confuse you by changing the wording of the questions when most of them just mean the same... I was the same as you trying to decide how much to write but after some help from my teacher and practice I managed to get 2 A's in A2... I'v done a little example below to help you... bare in mind I have not done Psychology for about 8 months so it may be a little messy...

When you are a passenger on a train, you are much more likely to move to another
seat if the ticket collector tells you to move than if another passenger tells you to do so.
Use your knowledge of why people obey to explain this behaviour.

This is a 4 mark question and to start you could state "As passengers, we are more likely to obey someone if we perceive them as a person of authority. This would be your first mark done. "For example, Milgram conducted his obedience experiment in a number of environments to better understand the extent to which someone would obey an authoritative body. Second mark done. In one variation, a doctor in a white lab coat would be present at the experiment within a university setting and in another variation, a casually dressed man in a run down office building was used. Third mark done. Findings showed that we are more likely to obey a person if they appear to be a person of authority as we assume they have a better knowledge of the situation. Fourth mark done. :P

just take some words out to make it fit the lines you have in the exam :smile: just make sure you have 4 points... if u think u have 4 points down, you will be fine :P... hope this helped

Quick Reply

Latest