The Student Room Group

AQA Biology ISA 2014

does anyone know what questions come up in the ISA if they have already done it thanks you!
Unfortunately this thread is rather pointless because people are not allowed to discuss the ISA if they have already done it, so don't expect much useful info because people could put their own grades at risk since posting any info about the ISA which could be viewed by people who have not already done it as it is classed as cheating. At the very least any posts containing info will be removed pretty quickly. They're really strict now, sorry. But good luck anyway! Just revise and do the best you can and you'll be fine. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by CallMeBatwoman
Unfortunately this thread is rather pointless because people are not allowed to discuss the ISA if they have already done it, so don't expect much useful info because people could put their own grades at risk since posting any info about the ISA which could be viewed by people who have not already done it as it is classed as cheating. At the very least any posts containing info will be removed pretty quickly. They're really strict now, sorry. But good luck anyway! Just revise and do the best you can and you'll be fine. :smile:

I agree with this why would someone want to risk their own grade to help out isnt it just more competition for them? Just revise what youve been told to revise and stop wasting time asking what might come up
Sometimes near the date of your ISA/EMPA you're given the title of your investigation and from the title it should give you some hints on what to revise.

Here's an example of an investigation from a practice ISA I did a couple of weeks back:
Title: "How do different concentrations of sucrose concentration affect the length of plant stalk?"
So what can you deduce from the investigation title given on what to revise for the theory paper? This is what you need to ask yourself before you attempt to revise.
Clearly it's Osmosis because you are going to be investigating this affect using different concentrations of sucrose solutions hence different water potentials, right?

Also you'll be tested on your skills in constructing a table and a graph the correctly, and interpreting your results as well as interpreting data from a student's findings in the theory paper. I suggest you looks into past ISA papers and mark schemes and the examiner's reports on those ISAs to get a gist of what the examiner is looking for. I hope this helps :smile: Good luck~!

Quick Reply

Latest