The Student Room Group

BBC axes Waterloo Road - will you miss it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Bassetts
I watched one series of it. In a weird sort of way, I wish I could go back to school and live a life like that. Full of so much drama, sexual tension, fighting, relationships, horny girls. It would be quite cool to see what that was like.

Seasons one and two of Skins offer all of the above in droves, alongside a healthy dose of emotional authenticity if not actual realism. For everything else, look no further than the first two series of Channel 4's Teachers or This Life (ITV circa 1997), which is still the best twenty-something drama ever written for television.

"Son, you should know that my endorsement is essentially a guarantee." - Ron Swanson
Original post by Profesh
Seasons one and two of Skins offer all of the above in droves, alongside a healthy dose of emotional authenticity if not actual realism. For everything else, look no further than the first two series of Channel 4's Teachers or This Life (ITV circa 1997), which is still the best twenty-something drama ever written for television.

"Son, you should know that my endorsement is essentially a guarantee." - Ron Swanson

Seasons one and two of Skins are by far my favourites- while I enjoyed the next two generations as well, it annoyed me how they were focused on everyone being obsessed with one character (Effy for the 2nd generation and Franky for the 3rd).
God no, that show was awful.
Reply 23
Haven't watched it for a long time - so no.
Original post by Silver Arrows
It got really **** when they moved to Scotland.

I agree with that, I think the reason why it moved to Glasgow any way was because of cheaper operating costs. Same reason why antiques road show is produced there.

I'm Scottish (Aberdeen), so its fine for me to say bad things about my country but there are many things good about us to. We have Rockstar North GTA V creators in Edinburgh and we deep fry every thing to make it water proof.
Don't think I've watched it before...
I will miss it but I was happy with the ending. I too kept asking myself "Did she get off the plane? Did she get off the plane?" and my heart was nearly in mouth as I awaited the outcome! Then I heard "I got off the plane" and I whooped and cheered louder than the canned audience.
nah, the writers ran out decent storylines many years ago
Ah is a shame as i did like it. I guess it wasn't as good as it used to be though..
This soap was one more example of the dumbed down corporation. Glad to see the end of it. Now let's let rid of Mrs Brown's Boys.
After they moved to Scotland things got really bad, and since tom died I haven't watched it since. Tbh Waterloo Road had some great seasons even after Bolton and his year left but never been the same so nah won't miss it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by dreadpiraterach
Seasons one and two of Skins are by far my favourites- while I enjoyed the next two generations as well, it annoyed me how they were focused on everyone being obsessed with one character (Effy for the 2nd generation and Franky for the 3rd).

Skins jumped the shark for me during the final episodes of the fourth season, with nary a denouement in sight.

If you've an appetite for (slightly theatrical) realism, try this on for size:

[video="youtube;Gwc79_NuZuw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwc79_NuZuw[/video]
Original post by Silver Arrows
It got really **** when they moved to Scotland.

I agree, it felt like a chore watching it the new series....

Still think the first couple of series were the best.
Reply 33
I stopped watching when they moved to Scotland, I just lost interest. But wait, what...

They killed off Tom?!?!?!?!?!?!

Then no. I will not miss it.
Reply 34
I will miss it but mainly because of how good it was when Maxine and Donte etc was in it! It went downhill after the finn series but its still something to watch when you're bored :tongue:

Id swap season 10, for a directors cut of S1-2 on DVD with all deleted scenes included.
Reply 36
Original post by Robbie242
I haven't watched it for like 3years

have all the characters just been replaced or something? Do they still have that English teacher Tom?

He fell of a roof and died
Original post by SuckMySausage
I agree with that, I think the reason why it moved to Glasgow any way was because of cheaper operating costs. Same reason why antiques road show is produced there.

I'm Scottish (Aberdeen), so its fine for me to say bad things about my country but there are many things good about us to. We have Rockstar North GTA V creators in Edinburgh and we deep fry every thing to make it water proof.

I had a munchy box in Glasgow. What a fantastic creation those things are.
Either S1 or S2, probably leaning towards S2. I consider S1-S2 to be its own story with an ending as they outclass all later series.

The 3rd best is probably S6.
Idk I think it was season 9, I kind of lost track. It just got so bad it wasn't worth watching.

Quick Reply

Latest