The Student Room Group

Peaches geldof dead

Scroll to see replies

Is this the place to express my faux condolences about peaches geldof dying?

In all seriousness though as much as it is sad that a young woman died, I hate how this has attracted so much attention. They even announced it as breaking news on the bbc inbetween a program!!! WTF, who actually gives a ****, this isn't news!
Original post by Algorithm69
She was a vapid waste of life who didn't contribute anything meaningful to the world despite her privileged upbringing. People die everyday and you don't care. Why do you care about her?

I'm sad whenever I hear that someone has died, regardless of if I knew them or they were a stranger. A loss of life is always sad. People may die everyday, but Peaches was famous, that was not of her own doing, and it's not of her own doing now that the world is mourning her. Have some respect.
Original post by perfectsymbology
Suicide or drug overdose I'm guessing.

Nah bro, illuminati.
Original post by XxSophie01xX
I'm sad whenever I hear that someone has died, regardless of if I knew them or they were a stranger. A loss of life is always sad. People may die everyday, but Peaches was famous, that was not of her own doing, and it's not of her own doing now that the world is mourning her. Have some respect.

The world is mourning her? Really the WORLD?
Original post by Algorithm69
Oh please. Don't act like you actually care.

Still it's wrong to speak ill of the dead furthermore she cleaned up her act and became a mother

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Michael_98
Still it's wrong to speak ill of the dead furthermore she cleaned up her act and became a mother

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is it wrong to speak ill of the dead exactly? It's not as if as soon as someone dies they suddenly become exempt from all criticism.
Original post by Dr Alcoholic
In all seriousness though as much as it is sad that a young woman died, I hate how this has attracted so much attention. They even announced it as breaking news on the bbc inbetween a program!!! WTF, who actually gives a ****, this isn't news!

This is very very true. I'm going to be honest, I didn't know much about this woman until she died.
Original post by Jordooooom
Don't see why this is news, is she even famous?

Feel sorry for the children

She is Sir Bob Geldof's daughter.

Plus she did other things i.e. magazine journalism, TV presenting.
RIP.
Original post by Add!ction
Looking at recent pics of her, she was terrible thin, possible cardiac arrest?

That is my guess as well. I doubt she was taking drugs.
Original post by Dee Leigh
That is my guess as well. I doubt she was taking drugs.

and she apparently tweeted that she could 'cry with exhaustion'.
Original post by Add!ction
and she apparently tweeted that she could 'cry with exhaustion'.

Oh dear :frown:
Original post by pikaboo
Bob's really not going to like Mondays now.

Too soon?

Lower the tone even further why don't you. Vile and crude thing to say.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meyrin
It's always been evident you have some issues but I didn't know what a sad, bitter little person you are.

Really, what did you hope to gain from posting something like this, apart from coming across as an utter ****?

Certainly did come across as an utter **** didn't he/she whoever they are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How has this bull**** got so much attention? I didn't even know who Peaches Geldof was before hearing of her death. If anyone had said her name, I would probably have laughed at how ridiculous it sounded and probably not even thought it was real!
Original post by Dr Alcoholic
The world is mourning her? Really the WORLD?

You know what I mean - most people would have heard of her and would express some sort of sympathy towards her family, I would imagine.
Original post by The_Dragonborn
How has this bull**** got so much attention? I didn't even know who Peaches Geldof was before hearing of her death. If anyone had said her name, I would probably have laughed at how ridiculous it sounded and probably not even thought it was real!

I think calling this "bull****" is so thoughtless of you. Just because YOU never knew who she was doesn't give you the right to call it "bull". Considering you didn't know who she was I don't see your point? What are you trying to achieve by telling people you found her name unusual.

Tone lowering further on this thread thanks to you and so many more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XxSophie01xX
You know what I mean - most people would have heard of her and would express some sort of sympathy towards her family, I would imagine.

Don't bother trying to explain your reasons for displaying simple manners, some people here are bent on misunderstanding. Speaking from experience :smile:
Original post by GeschichteJunge
I think calling this "bull****" is so thoughtless of you. Just because YOU never knew who she was doesn't give you the right to call it "bull". Considering you didn't know who she was I don't see your point? What are you trying to achieve by telling people you found her name unusual.

Tone lowering further on this thread thanks to you and so many more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's just, all I see is a bunch of people hyping over the death of someone who really isn't that important? What significant contribution has this person made to the world, for dozens of threads to be made in her memory? Yeah, it's sad she's left kids behind, but thousands of people die everyday and leave kids behind. What makes this one so special?
Original post by The_Dragonborn
It's just, all I see is a bunch of people hyping over the death of someone who really isn't that important? What significant contribution has this person made to the world, for dozens of threads to be made in her memory? Yeah, it's sad she's left kids behind, but thousands of people die everyday and leave kids behind. What makes this one so special?

"If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all."

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending