The Student Room Group

My phone seems to know what I am thinking

I have observed this at least a year but it’s as though my iPhone seems to know why I’m thinking.
Examples:
On Thursday: I bought a peach and dragonfruit drink from Starbucks. Bought with my debit card. 5 minutes later I had a quick glance at Facebook and on one of the advertisements which show up between posts there was an advertisement for a peach drink (not the same one as me but similar)

Friday: I was sat in the conservatory and saw a spider in its web. As a passing thought I wondered if a spider had ever got trapped in its own web. I then moved on with my thoughts. Today however I see like an information advertisement on my phone with a link to information on spiders titled ‘How spiders manage not to get caught in their web’. I have not searched about spiders.

There have been many other similar instances I will think something then a few hours later the information will appear on my phone.

How?
Reply 1
Probably a mixture of targeted advertisements and https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frequency_illusion
Happed to me as well. I'm using an android phone and it's been happening more often this month or so
Reply 3

Quick Reply

Latest