The Student Room Group

breakfast ideas?

exams starting, any tips on what to eat in the morning before exams?
(i have some exams early in the morning and a few in the afternoon)
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by hurtinguser

Something good to keep you going and fuel you through your hard work.
Preferably also something you're used to (and enjoy) eating, so that you know it will "sit well" and not leave your belly rumbling or gurgling in the middle of an exam!
And make sure you have some lunch (and dinner) as well gotta look after yourself so you can do your best.

My usual breakfast is porridge with berries, banana and peanut butter plus any extra toppings I can find in the cupboards.
Some other quick ideas:
Bagel (or a few slices of toast) with peanut butter and banana, peanut butter and jam, butter and jam, avocado and eggs, cream cheese and smoked salmon, butter and scrambled eggs…
Yogurt with granola/muesli and fruit

And have something to drink with it as well water, fruit juice, tea, etc.
Reply 2
Honestly so many people will tell you to eat healthily, or to indulge in carbohydrates to keep your energy levels up. Sure, that's fantastic. If you're willing to have a bowl of fruit and yoghurt, then by all means go ahead. /pos My best advice is to just eat whatever makes YOU feel good. Nothing is more motivating than waking up and fuelling the day with your favourite cereal. Even if it's packed with sugar, majority of cereals have all the vitamins and nutrients you need (and with good reason, too). I think you are more likely to perform well if you start the day off with a bang and just eat something you enjoy rather than being calorie/energy conscious. You have more important things to worry about. Don't forget to drink something (be it squash or tea) to stay hydrated, and bring a bottle of water (no wrapping) with you into the exam. That's something that's ACTUALLY important. Good luck on your exams!!
(edited 11 months ago)
(i have some exams early in the morning and a few in the afternoon that is why I am mad about the coffee by Fabula)

White coffee + a plate of porridge with honey and almonds = energy for the whole day. Tested!
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 4
I'd say something healthy but not too heavy! Granola with yoghurt and a coffee is usually my go-to!

Eat a balanced breakfast with a mix of carbohydrates and protein for sustained energy and focus during exams.
Sure! Here are some food names that you can consider for your exam morning breakfast:

1. Oatmeal with nuts and fruits
2. Whole-grain toast with scrambled eggs
3. Greek yogurt with honey and berries
4. Peanut butter and banana sandwich on whole-grain bread
5. Smoothie with spinach, banana, and almond milk
6. Boiled eggs with whole-grain crackers
7. Avocado toast on whole-grain bread
8. Cottage cheese with sliced peaches
9. Breakfast burrito with eggs, vegetables, and whole-wheat tortilla
10. Quinoa bowl with mixed vegetables and a poached egg.
If it's before an exam you'll want something filling and healthy. Nothing worse than having a rumbling stomach in an exam. Make sure you eat something healthy and non-greasy, greasy foods make me feel slow and have a negative affect on my brain.
Don't know what is about you, but I just crave for pancakes at breakfast at the moment.

Quick Reply

Latest