The Student Room Group

Peaches geldof dead

Scroll to see replies

Well the rumour is that her death was caused by an aneurysm, for all you people jumping on the drug overdose bandwagon.
Original post by brownbearxo
You still havent posted those you think are more deserving.....till then, my RIP of the day goes to Peaches. Likewise if I heard that you died today, my RIP would go to you. Its not hard and doesnt require the amount of thought you are attributing to it.

Nobody is more or less deserving, that is his point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
Nobody is more or less deserving, that is his point.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, his point is he thinks she is less deserving. Otherwise he would have posted RIP and moved on.
Reply 83
Commiserations to the children that she chose to have and now (in the most likely event) has selfishly chosen to leave behind. One of many examples that having children should not be a birthright.
Original post by Ho Chi Minh
Well the rumour is that her death was caused by an aneurysm, for all you people jumping on the drug overdose bandwagon.

Yes, so far we don't know the facts. This is a very sad tale, I feel really sorry for her Dad, children, husband and loved ones.
Reply 85
Holy S***! That's so sad. She was a real spark. Very charming bright and articulate. Shame man. Her poor grief stricken family. England is worse off without her. She was a one off.
I'm agreeing with FoS such is the stupidity of the poster.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a silly misapplication of concern about privilege. Yes, she was privileged in her access to family wealth and upper social circles, but her life was actually extremely sad, losing her mother at a young age to a drug overdose. Like many children of celebrities, troubled or otherwise, the reality of her upbringing was probably a lot less marvellous than people might think. She came across as somewhat scatty at times for sure, but she also seemed like a nice person.
Reply 87
Original post by Changing Skies
Why? For someone to take their own life, they must have been very troubled. It's sad that people think like that. The same can be said for drugs :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

if she died from a drugs overdose that shows she was a selfish human being who believed her personal pleasures are more important than being there for her kids.

in this day and age, and with so much information on the internet, people should know better.

If she died from a drugs overdose shes got no one to blame but herself. no sympathy for her
I have never understood the 'millions die every day' argument.

As it stands, she is the most famous person that has died today. I wasnt aware that every RIP for her would require a disclaimer also acknowledging the millions that have died elsewhere. If your mother had died, would you say the same to those who gave you their condolences?

Seriously guys, don't be needlessly silly about this.
Reply 89
You still havent posted those you think are more deserving.....till then, my RIP of the day goes to Peaches. Likewise if I heard that you died today, my RIP would go to you. Its not hard and doesnt require the amount of thought you are attributing to it.

Why should I need to post those who deserve an honourable mention? Why aren't you scanning the internet to find them? Do you just wait for someone else to tell you so you can just type "RIP"? Which additionally also doesn't actually make a difference - their still dead and their not resting.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
It's a silly misapplication of concern about privilege. Yes, she was privileged in her access to family wealth and upper social circles, but her life was actually extremely sad, losing her mother at a young age to a drug overdose. Like many children of celebrities, troubled or otherwise, the reality of her upbringing was probably a lot less marvellous than people might think. She came across as somewhat scatty at times for sure, but she also seemed like a nice person.

I wouldn't go that far, I'm sure Joe Bloggs on the street would love to have swapped places. Biggest sympathy to her dad who loses a wife and now a daughter well before their time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91

As it stands, she is the most famous person that has died today. I wasnt aware that every RIP for her would require a disclaimer also acknowledging the millions that have died elsewhere. If your mother had died, would you say the same to those who gave you their condolences?

hollywood legend mickey rooney also died.

she is not the most famous person that has died today, not even close. and why should it matter?

Famous for having a famous daddy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Xscape
Why should I need to post those who deserve an honourable mention? Why aren't you scanning the internet to find them? Do you just wait for someone else to tell you so you can just type "RIP"? Which additionally also doesn't actually make a difference - their still dead and their not resting.

If I don't know them. Yup. And all your points still dont negate the fact that we are sharing condolences for Peaches on this thread. It was you who brought up the fact that others are supposedly more deserving of our attention, hence why I asked for you to tell me who they are so I can equally acknowledge their deaths.
Reply 94
Original post by Algorithm69
Calm down, sweetheart, those polar ice caps will melt even faster with all the hot air you're blowing out.

i would give you more pos rep but i ran out
She was a vapid waste of life who didn't contribute anything meaningful to the world despite her privileged upbringing. People die everyday and you don't care. Why do you care about her?

It is unfortunate that deaths of those in entertainment and high positions are publicised and nearly everyone else is ignored. However, every death is tragic. Personally, I find the loss of human life incredibly sad.
Calm down, sweetheart, those polar ice caps will melt even faster with all the hot air you're blowing out.

That crack pipe you must be smoking can't be doing much good for them either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Famous for having a famous daddy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looks like it eh.

Original post by ESPORTIVA
hollywood legend mickey rooney also died.

she is not the most famous person that has died today, not even close. and why should it matter?

RIP Mickey Rooney, my condolences to his family.
Reply 98
She was a vapid waste of life who didn't contribute anything meaningful to the world despite her privileged upbringing. People die everyday and you don't care. Why do you care about her?

I totally agree with you. People die all the time and we don't pretend to give a ****. But when someone dies who made their way in life by having a rich dad and adopting the status 'socialite' suddenly you have people falling over one another to express their condolences.

This incident is sad, granted, shocking - no, and not isolated - people die all the time, people who genuinely contribute to this world.
Original post by ESPORTIVA
if she died from a drugs overdose that shows she was a selfish human being who believed her personal pleasures are more important than being there for her kids.

in this day and age, and with so much information on the internet, people should know better.

If she died from a drugs overdose shes got no one to blame but herself. no sympathy for her

Not all people take drugs for "personal pleasures" or for fun. As much as I am against the use of drugs and would personally never touch them, some people have extremely troubled lives and use them to give themselves an ounce of happiness. Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be an overdose, you hear tragic stories about people who take just one ecstasy tablet, for example, and end up dying from it.

It's pointless having this discussion anyway as it isn't our place to speculate the cause of her death.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending