The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leodis or Central?? Leeds Uni Accomodation

Hi, I'm applying to do Cinema and Photography this year at Leeds and can't quite decide which accommodation to pick. I definitely want en suite and be fairly close to uni, I'm also pretty interested in which has a good social life. I'm thinking it's between Leodis and Central, but I didn't go to the accomodation viewing day so if people could let me know what the thought that would be great, :smile:
Hey, i've also got a place on this course, but i'm not putting it as firm or insurance as i've heard bad things about it. Also i've heard Leodis is meant to be nice.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by TessaToYouAndMe
Hi, I'm applying to do Cinema and Photography this year at Leeds and can't quite decide which accommodation to pick. I definitely want en suite and be fairly close to uni, I'm also pretty interested in which has a good social life. I'm thinking it's between Leodis and Central, but I didn't go to the accomodation viewing day so if people could let me know what the thought that would be great, :smile:

i've gone for leodis, i was torn between leodis and central but i think the flats just looked nicer at leodis :smile:
Original post by emmymarie
i've gone for leodis, i was torn between leodis and central but i think the flats just looked nicer at leodis :smile:

Same, I went for Leodis in the end too :biggrin: What are you studying at Leeds?
Original post by Thomas_Lomax
Hey, i've also got a place on this course, but i'm not putting it as firm or insurance as i've heard bad things about it. Also i've heard Leodis is meant to be nice.

Well considering in the league tables it's second for graduate prospects in communications, and has high student satisfaction on unistats, I don't think it's bad for everyone. It just depends what you want from the course.
Reply 5
Same, I went for Leodis in the end too :biggrin: What are you studying at Leeds?

literature with classics, you? :smile:
Reply 6
Good to see some other Leodis peeps on here. Seen a lot of people turning it down on here because of the area but I think it's totally worth it. Had a friend who was in it last year and totally loved it so yeah should be great.
Reply 7
Original post by ellecttric
Good to see some other Leodis peeps on here. Seen a lot of people turning it down on here because of the area but I think it's totally worth it. Had a friend who was in it last year and totally loved it so yeah should be great.

yeah I've noticed that but I don't see anything wrong with the area haha!
Reply 8

My friends stayed in both Leodis and central village last year, Leodis is like a five minute walk to the uni through a cut through, I really fancied central because it just looked so nice but they're building next to it and my friend has had so much trouble being woken up at like 6/7 every morning because of the noise as well as constantly having her water turned off when they're doing building work so I decide to go for Leodis
Reply 9
apparently central village is extremely unsociable and leodis is really friendly, is that true?
Reply 10
I lived in Leodis last year, the area is pretty rough but that's the side opposite to the direction you'll be walking. It is still a bit of a rougher area than maybe some other halls but the walk is quick to uni and there are usually loads of students about. You just try to go out in groups when it's dark and that's about it.

You don't need to worry about safety in the actual halls' grounds because it's gated and you can only get in to the grounds with a fob. Then you need a fob to get into your block, flat and room. Plus there's 24 hour security with a mobile number for you to text (this is usually for noise complaints but can be used for anything else).

Quick Reply

Latest