The Student Room Group

Official: University of Leeds A100 and A101 Offer Holders 2024 Entry

Welcome to the Leeds A100 and A101 (gateway) 2024 Offer Holders' thread.

Leeds A100 2024 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7377154
Leeds A101 2024 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7386885

For general information click: https://courses.leeds.ac.uk/5580/medicine-and-surgery-mbchb

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Hi has anyone firmed Leeds for med yet? I have; any accommodation recommendations?
Reply 2
Original post by RRandom_user
Hi has anyone firmed Leeds for med yet? I have; any accommodation recommendations?

Nope- still waiting for the official offer letter and invitation to offer holder day. Have you had all your offers?
Original post by Shslini
Nope- still waiting for the official offer letter and invitation to offer holder day. Have you had all your offers?

Ah, fair enough. I have got 2 offers and I had 4 interviews, decided to withdraw from the other 2. As Leeds is my top choice, and I am on a gap year- so its Unconditional.
Ah, fair enough. I have got 2 offers and I had 4 interviews, decided to withdraw from the other 2. As Leeds is my top choice, and I am on a gap year- so its Unconditional.

Hey, also on a gap year - Have you had to provide proof of your A-levels? I've sent them my certificates but still waiting to hear back from them

Also looking back at your accommodation question, if you haven't already, search "Leeds accommodation" on YouTube, there's some great videos there that go in depth about each accommodation.
Original post by SpoonyManager80
Hey, also on a gap year - Have you had to provide proof of your A-levels? I've sent them my certificates but still waiting to hear back from them

Also looking back at your accommodation question, if you haven't already, search "Leeds accommodation" on YouTube, there's some great videos there that go in depth about each accommodation.

I have sent my certificates, and within like 2 days my offer changed from 'conditional' to 'unconditional', and so then I firmed it.

Thanks for the tip, will be checking out accommodation on YouTube 🙂
I have sent my certificates, and within like 2 days my offer changed from 'conditional' to 'unconditional', and so then I firmed it.

Thanks for the tip, will be checking out accommodation on YouTube 🙂

Ah alright, my offer changed from conditional to unconditional without me submitting my certificates - that had me a bit confused about it 🙂
Reply 7
Ah alright, my offer changed from conditional to unconditional without me submitting my certificates - that had me a bit confused about it 🙂
Me too!!
Reply 8
Same, mine was like that as well
Hello anyone on here thinking of firming leeds and thought about accom yet?
Original post by maisielstock
Hello anyone on here thinking of firming leeds and thought about accom yet?
I have already firmed Leeds, since it was my top choice. And I applied for Sentinel Towers as my accom choice, very popular for med, dental and business students as its only like 11 mins away from the Worsley Building.
I have already firmed Leeds, since it was my top choice. And I applied for Sentinel Towers as my accom choice, very popular for med, dental and business students as its only like 11 mins away from the Worsley Building.
Not firmed yet (still waiting for other unis), but I've had a good look at accom. For my interview, I stayed at the holiday inn right next to Sentinel Towers, and it's decently close, but that walk is uphill.

I've seen they advertise it as the good one for med/dental students, but I think a few years ago they advertised a different accom instead, so I don't know if it's actually a popular one, or if they're hoping they can convince people to go there to make it a popular one. Probably worth to ask a student about that one if we get the chance.

Either way it's definitely made it onto my shortlist, having other med students around is a huge benefit.
Reply 12
I did not realise you could pick the accommodation so soon after you had firmed it. How many days later ie after you firmed them did they send you information re accommodation?
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Shslini
I did not realise you could pick the accommodation so soon after you had firmed it. How many days later ie after you firmed them did they send you information re accommodation?
They didn't send me accom information, basically I went on their accom page- and registered for an account, and it says on the website. That you have to wait for at least 2 working days after you firmed Leeds to get the email from them with your details for the website. And then you register on the website with what accom u want, its pretty straightforward :smile:
Has anyone managed to register on an offer holder day to look at accomodation? I know there isn’t a medicine specific day but it would be good to get a feel for the campus/city/accomodation…
Original post by Mummy2dolly
Has anyone managed to register on an offer holder day to look at accomodation? I know there isn’t a medicine specific day but it would be good to get a feel for the campus/city/accomodation…

Discussed this on the WhatsApp groupchat for offer holders, noones received any details on any offer holder days, and the page on their website says to wait for an email.
We’re calling them tomorrow to see what’s going on 🤷🏽*♀️
Original post by yazbaz_xo
Discussed this on the WhatsApp groupchat for offer holders, noones received any details on any offer holder days, and the page on their website says to wait for an email.
Thanks for the reply, would you please share here what they say.

Also, how would my daughter go about joining the offer holder WhatsApp group please?
Original post by Mummy2dolly
Thanks for the reply, would you please share here what they say.
Also, how would my daughter go about joining the offer holder WhatsApp group please?

I’ll let the forum know what they say

This is the link to the groupchat - it only has 40 members at the moment though!

https://chat.whatsapp.com/EEVyVlLKzdqHTX8l7v1pHn
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 18
Original post by yazbaz_xo
Please can you update us when you call. I did not realise there was a number you could call on as I have not been able to find one?
Reply 19
Hi, I've also received an unconditional for Leeds (gap year student here). While my UCAS has updated and Ive received emails for accommodation webinars, they still haven't sent me an official offer letter, nor have requested any of my certificates. Will they only request certificates once I've firmed them? And has anyone else not received an offer letter? Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending