The Student Room Group

What accomododation should i apply to for my first year at Leeds?

I'm planning to start my first year in Leeds if I meet my conditions and I'm stuck between these accommodations:

Devonshire Hall (this one has a catered option, which I'd love to hear advice about if anyone knows anything about how the halal food options are)
Leodis residences
Sentinel towers
Henry price residences

Please let me know if you have any experience or know anyone who has any experience in any of these halls as I'm having a hard time deciding.
I don't really care much about the parties and all that stuff and would actually prefer to be away from that, I just care about the room size, maintenance, social aspects, and cleanliness.

Any advice would help a lot, thanks!
Hi, I’ve just finished my first year at Leeds and I stayed at Devonshire catered. I didn’t apply so I was really worried about the food options and the social aspect of the hall. I honestly cannot recommend devs enough, especially being catered it has a great community feel, it’s such a pretty place and you will meet so many people. As for halal options i’m really not sure but there are definitely at least a couple of veggie options each day. The food can be hit and miss but you will still have a kitchen even if you’re catered so you’re not completely restricted to dining hall food. Let me know if you have any questions :smile:
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
(Original post by lucythompsonn)Hi, I’ve just finished my first year at Leeds and I stayed at Devonshire catered. I didn’t apply so I was really worried about the food options and the social aspect of the hall. I honestly cannot recommend devs enough, especially being catered it has a great community feel, it’s such a pretty place and you will meet so many people. As for halal options i’m really not sure but there are definitely at least a couple of veggie options each day. The food can be hit and miss but you will still have a kitchen even if you’re catered so you’re not completely restricted to dining hall food. Let me know if you have any questions :smile:

Original post by lucythompsonn
Hi, I’ve just finished my first year at Leeds and I stayed at Devonshire catered. I didn’t apply so I was really worried about the food options and the social aspect of the hall. I honestly cannot recommend devs enough, especially being catered it has a great community feel, it’s such a pretty place and you will meet so many people. As for halal options i’m really not sure but there are definitely at least a couple of veggie options each day. The food can be hit and miss but you will still have a kitchen even if you’re catered so you’re not completely restricted to dining hall food. Let me know if you have any questions :smile:

Hi, do you know if there is free on-street parking around Devonshire Hall please. I kniw you can but a permit to park on-site but they are limited. Thanks
Reply 3
Hi, do you know if there is free on-street parking around Devonshire Hall please. I kniw you can but a permit to park on-site but they are limited. Thanks
Original post by mjm10

Yeah on Cumberland Road there is free parking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending