The Student Room Group

The Lush Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by C.Moon
It'll vary from store to store on what stock they have left.

Thanks:smile: I will go to my local shop and check what they have. I don't want to pay for delivery:colondollar: It seems like you know a lot about products. What would you advise me to buy (cleanser, toner and moisturiser) for spots?
Is Mask of Magnaminty a mask or I can use it as cleanser? Is Herbalism Solid Cleanser suitable for using twice per day?
I use my cleanser twice per day. The mask is probably best being used as a mask, as it is designed to draw out dirt and other impurities and open the pores so you can clean the skin properly.
I've never been a big fan of Lush, as I hate the smell and am not in to bath stuff massively.

Recently, though, I've gotten in to it and have made a few purchases. I bought the tea tree toner from there which is nice but not life changing.

In the 50% off Christmas Sale I got:
A Million Kisses lip tint - I've never known a red to suit me until this. Was £2.50 so I went back and bought a second one!
Popcorn lip scrub - heard amazing things, £2.50 too I think.
Shine So Bright hair balm - again, £2.75 ish.
A bath bomb - bought one for the first time in years, but can't remember which one - it was orange and mango ish.

Will definitely be trying more of their products.
Reply 2484
I'm applying for a job at lush, and I've written my cover letter. But before I print it off (onto coloured paper, of course) and decorate it, I just want someone to read through it (preferably someone who has had experience with Lush) and tell me how it is!

Why I want to work at LUSH

For many years, I have been in and out of Lush, buying whatever I could from there, just wishing I could buy everything (and trust me, I would if I could. The smell of the shop alone puts me in a dreamy state). And for those years, I always hoped that I could one day get a chance to work in such a place that not only sells amazing products, but has one of the friendliest team of staff I have ever come across.
I regularly use Lush products, and as I sometimes get quite problematic skin, topped with having rather sensitive skin also, and as some products are too harsh and cause breakouts to end up looking worse when used! But since using the Ultrabland Cleanser, my skin has cleared up so much that I don’t feel it’s necessary to try and hide some imperfections with make-up anymore (bad habit broken!) and my skin feels great too. Another one of my favourite products has been the Dream Steam Steamer Tab, which after I use it, I bottle it and keep it cool in the fridge and use it as a toner, which I double with Ultrabland. Also, I use Catastrophe Cosmetic fresh face mask on those days where it feels as if my skin has take a bit too much, which really helps calm everything down.
I would love to work at Lush because, even though it can get quite busy in store, it seems as if it’s a very calm, laid back environment, and the products there are some of the best, if not THE best I have used so far. I believe that I am an enthusiastic person, who is great with customers. I am able to talk to customers without hesitation and I find that I am always able to help. I feel that I am an approachable person, too. I think that I’m a welcoming person, who would also be a great workmate (I’m often told I have a great sense of humour, maybe not to everyone’s taste but you’ll just have to wait and see for yourself!). I always work hard in order to complete my tasks on time and to the best of my abilities. Since the beginning of last year, I decided to start using less products that had been tested on animals, and hoping to eventually end up using only all natural products such as the ones at Lush, so, working at Lush would really help me on my way to reaching this goal.
I have currently got a part time job, but unfortunately, I don’t enjoy it enough to want to keep working there much longer. As I am in college, I am restricted to when I can work, but I am available to work Wednesdays from 3pm, all day Thursdays until 7pm, and either Saturday or Sunday all day.

I hope this shows how enthusiastic I am about working at Lush, and how passionate I am about the store. I would be very grateful if I were to be offered a job with Lush.

I'm not sure if it's too informal, or if I've written too much :frown:
Original post by jelltot
I'm applying for a job at lush, and I've written my cover letter. But before I print it off (onto coloured paper, of course) and decorate it, I just want someone to read through it (preferably someone who has had experience with Lush) and tell me how it is!

Why I want to work at LUSH

For many years, I have been in and out of Lush, buying whatever I could from there, just wishing I could buy everything (and trust me, I would if I could. The smell of the shop alone puts me in a dreamy state). And for those years, I always hoped that I could one day get a chance to work in such a place that not only sells amazing products, but has one of the friendliest team of staff I have ever come across.
I regularly use Lush products, and as I sometimes get quite problematic skin, topped with having rather sensitive skin also, and as some products are too harsh and cause breakouts to end up looking worse when used! But since using the Ultrabland Cleanser, my skin has cleared up so much that I don’t feel it’s necessary to try and hide some imperfections with make-up anymore (bad habit broken!) and my skin feels great too. Another one of my favourite products has been the Dream Steam Steamer Tab, which after I use it, I bottle it and keep it cool in the fridge and use it as a toner, which I double with Ultrabland. Also, I use Catastrophe Cosmetic fresh face mask on those days where it feels as if my skin has take a bit too much, which really helps calm everything down.
I would love to work at Lush because, even though it can get quite busy in store, it seems as if it’s a very calm, laid back environment, and the products there are some of the best, if not THE best I have used so far. I believe that I am an enthusiastic person, who is great with customers. I am able to talk to customers without hesitation and I find that I am always able to help. I feel that I am an approachable person, too. I think that I’m a welcoming person, who would also be a great workmate (I’m often told I have a great sense of humour, maybe not to everyone’s taste but you’ll just have to wait and see for yourself!). I always work hard in order to complete my tasks on time and to the best of my abilities. Since the beginning of last year, I decided to start using less products that had been tested on animals, and hoping to eventually end up using only all natural products such as the ones at Lush, so, working at Lush would really help me on my way to reaching this goal.
I have currently got a part time job, but unfortunately, I don’t enjoy it enough to want to keep working there much longer. As I am in college, I am restricted to when I can work, but I am available to work Wednesdays from 3pm, all day Thursdays until 7pm, and either Saturday or Sunday all day.

I hope this shows how enthusiastic I am about working at Lush, and how passionate I am about the store. I would be very grateful if I were to be offered a job with Lush.

I'm not sure if it's too informal, or if I've written too much :frown:

Just saw this now while I was peeking at product reviews! :rolleyes: You may have printed this off already- but when I applied to LUSH I pretty much wrote a similar thing and managed to get a shop trial (my hours weren't what they wanted to unfortunately didn't get it :redface: ), so I'd say it's great :smile:

My only pointer (don't worry if you've sent it already- it's only minor) is that instead of saying "As I am in college, I am restricted to when I can work", perhaps change it to a more less-restricted sounding availability. E.g "My only other commitment is college, yet I'd still be available on Wednesday/Thursday/Sat/Sun" < just as a note, I put this intending to clarify my work hours later (I wanted 12-15 hours), but this ended up meaning the process was quite pointless because they actually wanted an 18-22 hour availability. Maybe when you're handing it in it'd be a good idea to give the casual "Can I ask how many hours work would be ideal in a typical week" (I was in such a rush that I forget simple things) :tongue: Good luck!
Reply 2486
Has anyone tried the men's deodorant powder? It's called 'Guv'ner'. I sweat a lot and it looks like it could be really good to stop the sweating?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I've had issues with several of the bathbombs in Lush,as I came out in a rash/generally itchy redness so I've resolved to avoid any of the glittery/brightly coloured/highly scented ones and prefer the vanilla/honey/lavender ones.

I was in Lush today looking at the face scrubs/masks and was given several sample pots of the ones I liked by a friendly staff member and I have just tried a bit of the Aqua Marina facial cleasner. I also have the Angels on Bare Skin and cupcake one to try,although I don't want to overload my skin..being alergic to far too many things..so I've given the latter two to my friends to try as we have fairly similar skin.
hey, does anyone know when lush start taking xmas applications?
Their facial cleansers do wonders for my skin and the ingredients are in fact beneficial, certainly when compared to many other brands that are harsh and full of chemicals, Clean & Clear etc.
I love the bath bombs etc, they're dead relaxing :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do Lush offer a student discount?
Just wondering if anyone has used the lush henna dye???? I currently dye my hair a red/orange with chemical hair dye, however I was wondering if I could get closer to the colour I want using henna :P

This is the colour I want :smile:
http://static.tumblr.com/4vevsrt/EDOm2qnwu/black-widow-the-avengers.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest