The Student Room Group

Bad hair day for Kim in London hair salon prompts state visit from North Korea

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Maybe. However, my suspicion is that they are so brainwashed and blinded by the propaganda and the arrogance of the state elite that they actually think this is the kind of thing they can get away with in another country. It's partly a symptom of weakness in the general conduct of policy towards embassy staff in London by the British government and the London authorities. This isn't the only case where embassies have exceeded their powers. I wonder if these men were armed - I wouldn't put it past them.

At least its not sub saharan africa which is beyond dirt poor, even with all that aid.
What's actually wrong with his haircut, I'd rock the Kim Jong. :dontknow:
Original post by jaydoh
What's actually wrong with his haircut, I'd rock the Kim Jong. :dontknow:

It's very, shall we say, 'middle parting'. :colone:
It's very, shall we say, 'middle parting'. :colone:

Yeah there is that, but #YOLO
Original post by LucasMoura
According to the UN the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction, or preference based on race, colour, descent or national or ethnic origin.

I'm pretty sure you were distinctively talking about North Koreans which is a nationality.

Fat shaming is fat shaming no matter how many other people starve.

You're a bigot in more ways than one.

You are confused. I am talking about the wicked, debased, psychopathic and corrupt government of North Korea, not the people.

Of course, it's worth mentioning in passing that the UN tries to hold the nation state to be some kind of sacrosanct entity, no matter how recently created, in what evil circumstances and with what level of cruelty and exploitation, so would naturally lump 'nation' in with other definitions of racism - that doesn't mean we should take that 100% seriously. This is the body that would play host to mad dictators from Idi Amin and Col. Gaddafi to Assad and Kim, as they are all leaders of 'nations'.
North Korea TV news anchor announces that the Dear Leader's latest haircut has not worked out.

Would you sleep with him?
Reply 27
This story would have been more amazing if the officials actually flew from North Korea because of this! :rofl:
Original post by -Neuro-
This story would have been more amazing if the officials actually flew from North Korea because of this! :rofl:

There should be a day just to mock the North Korean leader.
Original post by -Neuro-

I assume there's something like a 'Department of the Dear Leader' in Pyongyang that's keeping track of potential insults around the world - somewhere in their basement, this poor little salon is earmarked for thermonuclear destruction. Or at minimum, deportation to a camp. :eek:

One day it will all unravel and we will get to perceive the full horrors that have happened under a regime that only survives with the sinister connivance of Beijing.
(edited 10 years ago)
His haircut is seen regularly in Brentwood so i see why the North Koreans are annoyed.
Original post by -Neuro-
Male students in North Korea have to get the same haircut Kim Jong-un! :laugh:

So eh yeah.....hope it suits you :borat:

I thought all men there had to get his haircut?

That country is a joke.
I definitely think that more countries should run their embassies out of suburban semis.

article-2079237-0F495D8000000578-781_964x576.jpg
Reply 33
Original post by RabbitCFH
I thought all men there had to get his haircut?

That country is a joke.

Men get a selection of 10, all women (I think :s-smilie:) 18 and male students that single hair do :tongue:
Of course the Met Police enjoy protecting embassies, as it is an easy job 99.9% of the time, though most I pass do not have a policeman outside the door.
Original post by cambio wechsel
I definitely think that more countries should run their embassies out of suburban semis.

It's that flagpole that most people would hanker after.

I assume MI6 own the next three properties in the road.
Original post by -Neuro-
Men get a selection of 10, all women (I think :s-smilie:) 18 and male students that single hair do :tongue:

The females must love it.
Reply 37
I assume there's something like a 'Department of the Dear Leader' in Pyongyang that's keeping track of potential insults around the world - somewhere in their basement, this poor little salon is earmarked for thermonuclear destruction. Or at minimum, deportation to a camp. :eek:

One day it will all unravel and we will get to perceive the full horrors that have happened under a regime that only survives with the sinister connivance of Beijing.

:rofl: Those ambassadors must be under some serious scrutiny. :s-smilie: If mean if they defected their spouse, any children, parents, siblings, grandparents, would all likely spend the rest of their days in a brutal forced labor camp.

Fun fact: North Korea's embassy in Mongolia uses an LG air conditioner (South Korean brand). They scraped off LG's logo! :laugh: There's pic which you can zoom in on here: http://www.mongolianmatters.com/uploaded_images/north-korean-embassy-censored-airconditioning-711343.jpg

The mention Pyonhyang reminded me of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyongyang_(restaurant_chain)

Original post by cambio wechsel

I wonder if the South Korean embassy is just across the road...?
Reply 38
North Korea treats its people appallingly. They restrict www internet access to party cadres so we only get a limited view of the horrors inflicted by the nightmarish government.
That hair salon and all associated with should be immediately destroyed to restore the honor of our great leader...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0zwirfmGIU&list=PLuKg-WhduhklQR2uqYCE_aSZgfJLsy4fx&index=8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOuadhhUWaQ

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending