The Student Room Group

Prom haircut

Got prom soon so decided i wanted to get a proper haircut at a barbers.
I've found the place online but not sure how to approach as it's my first time getting a haircut by myself.

There's the option to book online so I'll do that beforehand but how to approach the barbers when i get there?
Do i just walk in and take a seat or will someone greet me?
Do i have to walk over to the desk and wait for someone to acknowledge me or what?

Normally, my usual hairdresser knows who i am as a regular so there's no awkward pause when i enter the salon and just tells me to take a seat.
I understand the barbers won't know me as a regular so probably won't know if i'm booking or getting a haircut.

Any advice is greatly appreciated :smile:
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by cristian_g14
I've found the place online but not sure how to approach as it's my first time getting a haircut by myself.

There's the option to book online so I'll do that beforehand but how to approach the barbers when i get there?
Do i have to walk over to the desk and wait for someone to acknowledge me or what?

Normally, my usual hairdresser knows who i am as a regular so there's no awkward pause when i enter the salon and just tells me to take a seat.
I understand the barbers won't know me as a regular so probably won't know if i'm booking or getting a haircut.

When I started going to my new barbers I just went up to the desk and asked how long the wait was (it is a walk in). I've also been to other places where I had pre-booked appointments and usually you walk to the desk/checkout and tell them you are there for your appointment and they should tell you where to wait and how long to wait.

Enjoy your prom!
Reply 2
Take your hair cut a few days before the prom day is always recommended as well. Because it would take you a while to get used to how you look with the new hair cut.
Original post by cristian_g14

Quick Reply

Latest