The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Law-Hopeful
My first is actually this exam (on the 3rd June, obviously :tongue:). Although I'm not resitting any exams from AS I still have 10 exams! :bricks:

That's mad - 10 A2 exams! Are you more focused on the other subjects than aside from Economics due to last years results?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ECBU14
That's mad - 10 A2 exams! Are you more focused on the other subjects than aside from Economics due to last years results?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, very much so.

My main focus this year has been split between Maths/Further Maths as they're most likely to get me an A*, then Politics because I didn't revise much for it last year (read: I started revision less than a week before the exam) and then finally Economics. Not sure if that's a great idea but we'll just have to wait and see how it goes I guess!

Anyway, I'll leave you to get on with your last minute ECON2 revision. :smile:
Reply 42
Yep, very much so.

My main focus this year has been split between Maths/Further Maths as they're most likely to get me an A*, then Politics because I didn't revise much for it last year (read: I started revision less than a week before the exam) and then finally Economics. Not sure if that's a great idea but we'll just have to wait and see how it goes I guess!

Anyway, I'll leave you to get on with your last minute ECON2 revision. :smile:

That sounds fair enough. You do have to prioritise when you have that many exams I guess. I'm sure you'll get very well anyway, you sound exactly what you need to do! Best of luck gaining that A*!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any predictions for the 25 markers??
And is this a good plan to go by re structuring 25 marker:

definition + depth
diagram + explanation
evaluation point 1
evaluation point 2
evaluation point 3
conclusion

need to to get an A to g by uni offer aghhhhuhsjchudfbudh :frown:
Reply 45
Original post by Economicsa2
And is this a good plan to go by re structuring 25 marker:

definition + depth
diagram + explanation
evaluation point 1
evaluation point 2
evaluation point 3
conclusion

need to to get an A to g by uni offer aghhhhuhsjchudfbudh :frown:

I think it's hard to say what the structure should be, instead focus on answering the question. What do you think Law-Hopeful?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ECBU14
That sounds fair enough. You do have to prioritise when you have that many exams I guess. I'm sure you'll get very well anyway, you sound exactly what you need to do! Best of luck gaining that A*!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, how did the retake go? :smile:

Original post by ECBU14
I think it's hard to say what the structure should be, instead focus on answering the question. What do you think Law-Hopeful?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree. I think his structure is too rigid and I'm not sure I'd use that structure myself.
Reply 47
Hey, how did the retake go? :smile:

I agree. I think his structure is too rigid and I'm not sure I'd use that structure myself.

Hey! Not too badly actually, I personally thought the multiple choice was a bit more challenging than other years so I hope stupid mistakes don't cost me there and also, I did run slightly out on time on the 25 marker so I hope my development was enough to secure me a good enough grade, very fair paper though.

And yeah, I'm not really big into using a 'set' structure because I feel every questions different as you need to adapt it to answer the question the most effectively.
How's your revision going?
Yeah that does sound pretty cool! :tongue: I want to be a Solicitor, probably Corporate/Commercial Law :smile:

Yep :lol: C3 is literally just functions... Some integration but mostly functions. I do DE as a separate module in Further Maths so that helps quite a lot with the DE questions in C4 hence why I'm hoping that comes up in C4!

Aha that's awesome. Jailing fraudulent bankers must be quite fun. What's DE? Is that like Decision Maths (D1)?
Original post by ECBU14
Hey! Not too badly actually, I personally thought the multiple choice was a bit more challenging than other years so I hope stupid mistakes don't cost me there and also, I did run slightly out on time on the 25 marker so I hope my development was enough to secure me a good enough grade, very fair paper though.

And yeah, I'm not really big into using a 'set' structure because I feel every questions different as you need to adapt it to answer the question the most effectively.
How's your revision going?

I'm sure you did well, well done :smile:

Yeah I agree, I'm not sure about only mentioning one point either... I'd rather do two/three main points and evaluate those at the end or at the end of each paragraph.

Original post by cathrg26
Aha that's awesome. Jailing fraudulent bankers must be quite fun. What's DE? Is that like Decision Maths (D1)?

Haha let's hope our paths don't cross :wink:

Differential Equations, like the ones in C4 but extra methods to solve them basically! :smile:
Reply 50
How do you reckon you'd go about answering this question?:

Explain the main principles that would be involved in a cost-benefit analysis (CBA).
(15 marks)
Original post by ECBU14
How do you reckon you'd go about answering this question?:

Explain the main principles that would be involved in a cost-benefit analysis (CBA).
(15 marks)

I'd introduce CBA and why it's often used and it's goal (help make decisions), then I'd go through each stage of the CBA (i.e. identify costs/benefits, shadow pricing etc etc) then go through some of the problems involved i.e. with the discount rate and some things don't have a market value etc.

I don't have time to go in depth but that's the basic outline I'd use. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Haha let's hope our paths don't cross :wink:

Differential Equations, like the ones in C4 but extra methods to solve them basically! :smile:

haha I'm not planning on becoming a banker, but let's hope not. :tongue: Ohh, lol there's only so much maths I can take. 6 units last year was enough for a life time
Reply 53
I'd introduce CBA and why it's often used and it's goal (help make decisions), then I'd go through each stage of the CBA (i.e. identify costs/benefits, shadow pricing etc etc) then go through some of the problems involved i.e. with the discount rate and some things don't have a market value etc.

I don't have time to go in depth but that's the basic outline I'd use. :smile:

Sounds very good - could you just explain what shadow pricing is? Can't seem to recall that! Thanks
Any tips on how to revise for this exam. Silly question, but this is the one exam I can't seem to wrap my head around!
Reply 55
Original post by wrestlingfan55
Any tips on how to revise for this exam. Silly question, but this is the one exam I can't seem to wrap my head around!

Possibly get the scheme of work, tick off what you know. Look over notes at what you don't know, go over it. Learn the diagrams, then past papers from then on. That's what I would suggest
When looking at the data response questions, how do you work out the index number for a 'forecast' year ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wrestlingfan55

I would go through all past papers, complete all 5 markers then all 10 markers and so on. Then 3 days or so before the exam start doing full past papers under timed conditions so that by the time you come to sit the exam you won't feel that initial panic from time pressure. Hope that helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Original post by Economics456
When looking at the data response questions, how do you work out the index number for a 'forecast' year ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you give some context?
Reply 59
Hey, could someone please help me understand why a firm would employ an additional worker if their MRP is 0. Surely this would increase costs? Thanks in advance :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending