The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Do you need to be there on the 15th Sept in your first year?

Hi guys & gals

I have Portsmouth down as my insurance offer for Mechanical Engineering. My friends and I have found a really awesome cheap holiday over the summer, the only problem being that it arrives back early on the 15th Sept, the day which Ucas has down as the start date. I have looked at the Portsmouth website and it indicates that the Week Commencing 15th is an induction week. Would it be a problem if I was a day late or so?

In the nicest possible way I'm hoping that I won't be at Portsmouth (because its my insurance), so this problem may not even crop up, however I don't want to book the holiday and then miss out crucial induction info that may be given out on the 15th.

Any advice would be awesome :smile:
Reply 1
hi, i go to porsmouth uni. once your place is confirmed, you will get a timetable showing what you have going on in induction week. I think in first year, I had one or two things that week, rest of the week is spent time getting to know the place. have anymore questions about life in portsmouth, pm (i'm graduating this summer)
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 2
I can't remember exactly. But I think the first day is when you officially enrol and the uni tell student finance that you've turned up. So if you don't go on that day, your student finance could easily be delayed coming through, which might be a problem for you. The rest of that week is various introductory talks from your course leaders and meeting your tutor.
The only thing in the induction week you absolutely have to go to is the enrolment, you need to find out when and where your enrolment is. I believe mine was on the Monday last year (so the 15th of September), but it may vary depending on your course, most people move in the weekend prior... so 13th / 14th of September.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending