The Student Room Group

When do universities finish for Christmas?

I'm an incoming 3rd year student (not been to uni yet) and I was wondering if universities normally finish earlier than expected around Christmas?

My uni's academic calander says the first semester will end on Friday 15th December but I have a family trip leaving on the 14th. There is also a study period from the 18th - 22nd which I am assuming is just a reading week?

Will I miss anything valuable or do you think lectures will mostly be finished by then?
Original post by usagcu
I'm an incoming 3rd year student (not been to uni yet) and I was wondering if universities normally finish earlier than expected around Christmas?

My uni's academic calander says the first semester will end on Friday 15th December but I have a family trip leaving on the 14th. There is also a study period from the 18th - 22nd which I am assuming is just a reading week?

Will I miss anything valuable or do you think lectures will mostly be finished by then?

Hi
Im at Manchester Met and I finish The speech and language therapy course on the 15th too. Id email your university and ask them what syllabus you will be covering in the 18-22nd just to get an idea in you have to be there in lectures or not.
Best wishes
Emily
Reply 2
In general, you don’t see many students around on the last day of term.
However, if you are leaving on the 14th, will you be in on the 13th?

You need to check if the following week is important or just a study week.

I’m also a bit confused that you enter year three without being “at uni” for the other two?
If this is a transfer then I understand - but generally transferring in is hard enough without missing days

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending