The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leahkatexo
On the B2 paper, what was the answer to one of the first questions, the name of the acid? Everyone at me school seems to have put different answers.

The stomach acid? I'm pretty sure it's hydrochloric.

I don't know if anyone's already asked this but was the question about magnesium ions in the chlorophyll in the spec? At my school loads of people were saying it wasn't which would take the total marks of the paper down by 2. Anybody know?
Original post by gcser
it's hydrochloric

Yes!! I put that:-)
Original post by 5sos
for some reason i put amino acids?
but i know it is hydrochloric acid

i put that as well...i think thats right
Reply 1383
Original post by Ollywhat
Omg that made me laugh too much ahahhahahha I wish I'd remembered!

Posted from TSR Mobile

My biology teacher is weird so it kind of helps LOL.
Original post by IWasCoolOnce

I don't know if anyone's already asked this but was the question about magnesium ions in the chlorophyll in the spec? At my school loads of people were saying it wasn't which would take the total marks of the paper down by 2. Anybody know?

It didn't need to be in the spec, it told you about it in the question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IWasCoolOnce

nope youre right it wasnt on the spec
Original post by 5sos
Am i the only one who found the B2 paper dreadfully hard?

It was hell! I didn't do well at all. Gutted since I've been revising since before easter and I feel like I guessed 90% of the answers! ;(

Posted from TSR Mobile
the question about cells, was the answer meiosis? because that's what i did D;
Original post by biochephy
for B2 revise fossils,plants,respiration>exercise also enzymes and transect diffusion :smile::smile::smile::smile::tongue:

Bit late telling him now isn't it?
Original post by majmuh24
It didn't need to be in the spec, it told you about it in the question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess but I know it left a few people stumped thinking they needed to know more about it.
Original post by Whizbox
I can't be the only person that thought B2 was easier than B3 can I?

No quite a few people I know did
Reply 1391
THE GREASE STOMATA QUESTION AND DEFORESTATION QUESTION were on a different paper if you do additional and further addtional science!
Original post by leahkatexo
On the B2 paper, what was the answer to one of the first questions, the name of the acid? Everyone at me school seems to have put different answers.

It's hydrochloric, I thought that was easy- and the amino acids one but a lot of people wrote other stuff at my school too but I'm certain hydrochloric acid was the answer to that one and that amino acids were are the product f digesting protein- no offence but the first bit of b2 was really easy imo and then it got harder after that :smile:
Original post by Funkyfish24
It was hell! I didn't do well at all. Gutted since I've been revising since before easter and I feel like I guessed 90% of the answers! ;(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes felt exactly the same AAHHH

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 5sos
for some reason i put amino acids?
but i know it is hydrochloric acid

I put hydrochloric, everyone I know put amino acids :/
Reply 1395
What was the name of the molecules chemical substance making up Genes, I put Amino Acids
Reply 1396
Is there a thread for OCR GCSE ICT
For the cyclist question in B3 where it asked to look at the graph. Was it vasodilation or vasoconstriction?? Because half of my friends say it's constriction and some say vasodilation
What do you think the grade boundaries will be for aqa b2 additional higher?? I found some of the questions straight forward however the exam totally knocked me off edge. Couldn't concentrate and was slightly panicking. I couldn't think straight ever. Don't think i did too well. What really bugged me was the questions along the lines of magnesium ions. THAT WASN'T IN THE SPEC?!? How was i suppose to know that?

What did everyone get for the first 2 questions (Can't remember the question) ;
1. amino acids
2. protease

And what did everyone get for the question about genetic inheritance where you have to draw a diagram to work it out?
i got, 1/4 and 25%

The 2, 6 marker questions were about diffusions and species of shrimps.
For diffusion i mentioned the red blood cell and how they diffuse oxygen into muscular tissues (Not sure if that's correct) And mentioned the diffusion of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the cell membrane.. stupidly forgot to say something about plants..
And for the shrimp questions.. didn't have much time so i didn't write much.

This was my first exams so i was slightly shocked up when i opened the paper and it was everything i revised the least.

I only hope the grade boundaries will be very low ... Moving on to chemistry now.. Got 2 days to revise the whole syllabus. GREAT!
Original post by billsminaj
Hey everyone. I found b3 better than b2, personally. Those asking about the nitrate one, it says in the textbook to make proteins. Also, the magnesium question explained chlorophyll before that. DONT WORRY, I'm SURE the grade boundaries will be pretty low for b2. For b3, I enjoyed the paper. And the question for blood vessels was only asking about vasconstriction, not vasodilation because his temp DROPPED.

Just think about NAILING b1 after half term. REALLY go for it. Best of luck ������

Is it not vasodilation because his body is still above normal temperature? It is going down because of the effects of dilation, but is still higher than before. I thought that the skin temperature increased because the blood vessels are closer to the skin's surface so heat energy is carried to the skin where it is lost to the air. :smile: I'm sure chemistry and physics will be better!

Latest