The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
blondemoment
nooooo, despite where i go, eds or SA i will be using Turnhouse, and they only bloomin go and discontinue direct flights from Toulouse to Eds for the winter in september!

GAAAH

AND

carcassonne-stansted- HEATHROW/GATWICK-to eds

AND

it costs an arm and a leg

the most expensive being

$1347 KLM

unamused

although if the situtaion so happens that THIS becomes a problem, i think i will smile as it means ive got in somewhere where i want to really [really] go!!

I found Toulouse - Gatwick and Gatwick - Edinburgh with British Airways for 163€... https://www.advences.com/mirror/etape4.cfm?ref=0476297437
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Ta very much Sanja!
Reply 22
I know how annoying it is to look for flights and only find expensive transfer-threehundredandtwenty-times ones...not funny

I myself am going Gothenburg - Glasgow Prestwick with cheap cheap ryanair, Prestwick-Glasgow-Edinburgh-Leuchars with train, why make it easy:biggrin:
glasgow eh? hmm *considers*

that sounds very convoluted but hey, is life meant to be simple?
Reply 24
Yes! Come to Glasgow! I'm Sept 12th, Newark-Glasgow. It was alot cheaper to come into Glasgow than Edinburgh. Does anyone know how far away it is from St. Andrews?
Reply 25
mbm1087
Yes! Come to Glasgow! I'm Sept 12th, Newark-Glasgow. It was alot cheaper to come into Glasgow than Edinburgh. Does anyone know how far away it is from St. Andrews?

It's about 80 miles away from St. Andrews, and according to Google maps, it takes over 2 hours and 30 mins by car.
Sad day. I don't get the bagpipes anymore. I've got to get myself up to St. Andrews since I now have to be there on the 12th of September for the sub-warden gig. Apparently they feel that 4 days is enough training to deal with all you hoodlums :hmmmm2: :wink:
Reply 27
does anyone know that if i miss one of the bus's if id be able to get on the next one? My flight lands at quarter to 4 which gives me 45 mins to get luggage and onto bus. Do you reckon that will be enough time? Thanks for any help. :smile: Or alternatively what phone number should I phone to ask them this, there isnt a number on that page.
Reply 28
Sanja
My mom is coming with me for the first week:eek: but we are from Sweden and she wants to see St Andrews, Edinburgh etc so she'll have a little holiday and hopefully she can entertain herself so I don't have to spend all my time with her...not really what I would like to do on my first week of uni

my mom's also coming for the first couple of days, but i dont know what to do with her while i'm at the uni...(i guess she will wonder around). since we are arriving together, do you guys think she could also use the sss bus with the rest of us or that would be weird? :biggrin:
Reply 29
My parents are coming with me and stopping in a hotel somewhere outside of St. Andrews.
Reply 30
oh well decided mine arent now lol! i think anyway!
Reply 31
redhotchilipepper
does anyone know that if i miss one of the bus's if id be able to get on the next one? My flight lands at quarter to 4 which gives me 45 mins to get luggage and onto bus. Do you reckon that will be enough time? Thanks for any help. :smile: Or alternatively what phone number should I phone to ask them this, there isnt a number on that page.

That is more than enough time.
10 minutes max getting luggage.
Also, we will be waiting for you in the same place you get the baggage, as Edinburgh airports arrivals lounge is quite small.
Reply 32
Thank you :smile: now i can book the coach then!
sporkaphobia
Sad day. I don't get the bagpipes anymore. I've got to get myself up to St. Andrews since I now have to be there on the 12th of September for the sub-warden gig. Apparently they feel that 4 days is enough training to deal with all you hoodlums :hmmmm2: :wink:

will there be sporks?

incedentally i love your profile picture!!:cool:

and well done for gettin to be a warden!

Latest

Trending

Trending