The Student Room Group

IMS/East Europe Applicants thread

Hi! :smile:

So brief intro for those of you that may not know of this, IMS is a company that acts an agent for 2 veterinary programs in east Europe; Warsaw,Poland and Brno,Czechoslovakia. It's pretty great because you can study to become a vet at a third of the average cost.

I'm applying to IMS this year and found that there's mentions of IMS every now and then and no threads dedicated to the topic. This becomes slightly worrisome because they have rather poor support, often, they stop replying-even if you're a paying applicant!

So I thought it would be a great idea for IMS applicants to have a place where they can turn to each other for information and help. I for one have at times felt completely lost because of the oddities in the IMS application procedure and general queries that they didn't respond to, so I think it might help.

If you're a 2014 candidate to Brno I hope to see you there ! :biggrin:
Original post by Mr Burns
Hi! :smile:

So brief intro for those of you that may not know of this, IMS is a company that acts an agent for 2 veterinary programs in east Europe; Warsaw,Poland and Brno,Czechoslovakia. It's pretty great because you can study to become a vet at a third of the average cost.

I'm applying to IMS this year and found that there's mentions of IMS every now and then and no threads dedicated to the topic. This becomes slightly worrisome because they have rather poor support, often, they stop replying-even if you're a paying applicant!

So I thought it would be a great idea for IMS applicants to have a place where they can turn to each other for information and help. I for one have at times felt completely lost because of the oddities in the IMS application procedure and general queries that they didn't respond to, so I think it might help.

If you're a 2014 candidate to Brno I hope to see you there ! :biggrin:

Hi,

I am not really interested in veterinary medicine, but I was just wondering how funding works when you go abroad to study? As I know some people who want to study dentistry in Poland (I think) and wanted to know how the financial side works? Is there some sort of student funding as in the UK? Just curious. :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by TheStudent18
Hi,

I am not really interested in veterinary medicine, but I was just wondering how funding works when you go abroad to study? As I know some people who want to study dentistry in Poland (I think) and wanted to know how the financial side works? Is there some sort of student funding as in the UK? Just curious. :tongue:

Hi!

I wish I could help you but sadly I'm from India and we have no student funding system within the country and definitely not one internationally. So the programs must be self-financed. Hopefully some other members can PM you with help. I suggest PMing because we'll end up going off topic otherwise :smile:
Original post by Mr Burns
Hi!

I wish I could help you but sadly I'm from India and we have no student funding system within the country and definitely not one internationally. So the programs must be self-financed. Hopefully some other members can PM you with help. I suggest PMing because we'll end up going off topic otherwise :smile:

Ah cool! OK thanks for the reply anyway, just curious. :smile:

Good Luck!
Reply 4
If you are an applicant with IMS I strongly recommend that you read the entire list and not just what you were looking for, because some of these are grave errors on their part and take you by surprise.

Information compiled so far:

1) The entrance exam has 1st year university level matter, so you need to put in extra effort.
2) There's only a single past paper for practice so save it till the end. Thought applicants through other agents, I think the one in the UK, have access to more papers.
3) IMS has a tendency to reply late or ignore mails altogether sometimes(usually old applicants). So make sure you get all your information ready and don't depend on them.
4) The Entrance exam is 1.5 Hours long and feature 20 questions per subject; biology and chemistry.
5) SGGW-Warsaw lost it's EAEVE accreditation recently (2013) if that matters to you. However a student from SSGW clarifies that it has not impacted their job prospects and the 2013 graduates have found jobs.
6) I was also advised this: Once you give the entrance and receive your results in around a week, follow up with IMS to check whether the application has actually been sent to the Universities.
7) If you are from a country that has been listed in their examination centers list and has 'to be announced' check with them from time to time even if they say with certainty that's it's not possible. It certainly saved me the expense of travelling all the way to Brno just to give an entrance exam.
8) IMS doesn't use a payment gateway, they actually expect you to trust them with you credit card details so you'd best apply before you're card expires so the new one eliminates this risk.
9) Be sure about your preferences if you're applying to 2 universities because in my case it turned out that there are seperate entrance exams and the 1st one you give is for your 1st preference. As your agents it ideally should've been them that asked you what dates you would like for each but this never happened for me and I live in India where the dates are not fixed as with many other European countries. Additionally no where on their website is this mentioned. I would think it a pretty important bit of information that they shouldn't leave out.

Note: The IMS question paper has no markscheme for you to validate your answer, a friend from another forum was kind enough to offer her help in solving the entire chemistry paper and providing the right answers. I've attached this document below.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending