The Student Room Group

University of Leicester A199 (Foundation Year) 2023 Entry Applicant and Offer Holders

Welcome to the University of Leicester A199 (Medicine with Foundation Year) 2023 Entry Discussion.

Previous threads:
2022: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7109194
2021: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560728
2020: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6022554
For general information click: https://le.ac.uk/medicine/study/foundation-year
For entry requirements click: here

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck! :bl:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hi i think i am the first person to post my stats ( i will post the grade and what score they equate to) here so here they are:

GCSE:
English language:6 = 2
maths: 6 = 2
Biology: 9 = 4
Physics: 9 = 4
Chemistry:8 = 4

A-levels:
Biology: A = 5
Chemistry: A = 5
Physics: B = 4

Total academic score is 30. UCAT was 2600 so it is 26 points. Total score is 56.
Considering the cut off was 51 i think i am safe (but u never know) so i will probably get am interview.
Reply 2
Hi, i'm applying from london and so was wondering whether it would be viable to aplly here this year considering they only award 10 places to applicants not from their local area - thanks !!

My stats are:
Biology - 9
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 9
Maths - 8
English literature - 8
Geography - 8
German - 7
Religious studies - 7
English language - 6
Health & social care (BTEC) - Distinction*

UCAT = 2630 B3
VR = 610
DM = 670
QR = 670
AR = 680

Predicted A-Levels:
Biology = A
Chemistry = A
Psychology = A*

Work experience:
- 1 week placement at King's College Hospital
- 1 week placement at Epsom Hospital
- 1 week GP placement
- Volunteering at local hospital for a couple of weeks
- Volunteering at Barnado's (charity shop) for 6 months

I also meet certain contextual criteria's:
In receipt of UCAT Bursary
1st in family to go into higher education
State school
Universal credit
Does anybody know how they calculate interview scores?
Im a national applicant (predicted grades) with a high score so i assume im guaranteed an interview but Im not sure how they score it.
Also, does anybody know what the avergae number of interview points are for applicants that recieved an offer in 2022?
Reply 4
Original post by Elsheike
Does anybody know how they calculate interview scores?
Im a national applicant (predicted grades) with a high score so i assume im guaranteed an interview but Im not sure how they score it.
Also, does anybody know what the avergae number of interview points are for applicants that recieved an offer in 2022?

if you go on there page they have the statistics of the scores needed to gent an interview and offer for 2021, 2022 entry
Original post by Haluro
if you go on there page they have the statistics of the scores needed to gent an interview and offer for 2021, 2022 entry

Thanks I just saw that now! But is there any document or does anybody know how they actually score our interviews?
Reply 6
Thanks I just saw that now! But is there any document or does anybody know how they actually score our interviews?

these PDF's should give u the info u require.
Why do I get the feeling that not a lot of people are applying this year?😭
Nobody is active on this chat but older chats had new messages every day
Hello everyone, :smile:

As you may have noticed, this thread owner is @TSR George - an account used by TSR for several purposes including as a placeholder when a thread owner wishes to delete their account.

If you would like to be the new first post in this thread - you can!
To do this, please tag @04MR17 or @StrawberryDreams in this thread and ask for the OP to be changed to you.
Please do this if you would like to add additional resources into the OP and intend to stay around on the forums during the application cycle.

The owner of a thread will only be changed once - except if an OP deletes their account.

Please allow 48 hours for your request to be seen and actioned. This message will be posted into each of the 2023 applicants threads currently owned by TSR George.

Thanks all,

MR
@04MR17 @StrawberryDreams Hi
Could you please make me the OP :smile:
I intend to be active on this forum so i wouldnt mind being OP
(edited 1 year ago)
Why do I get the feeling that not a lot of people are applying this year?😭
Nobody is active on this chat but older chats had new messages every day

No I think that a lot of people are applying this year (looking at current statistics) but because a few of the dedicated volunteers have left like ecoiler and becasuetheknight people may not post as much cause it is taking longer for them to get their reply (no offence to terrific volunteers giving their time and effort to these threads).
hi i got 2320 and band 1 i also get 31/32 for my gcses and a levels combined as i am applying with acheived a levels does that mean im given 16 points for my UCAT or 23 points ?after UCAT releases their results i assume 2nd decile will be 2280? so do i get 16 or 23 points ?
also if i get 23 points my total comes out to 54 is that enough for a national as im from west midlands to get an interview ?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by astarsweat
hi i got 2320 and band 1 i also get 31/32 for my gcses and a levels combined as i am applying with acheived a levels does that mean im given 16 points for my UCAT or 23 points ?after UCAT releases their results i assume 2nd decile will be 2280? so do i get 16 or 23 points ?
also if i get 23 points my total comes out to 54 is that enough for a national as im from west midlands to get an interview ?

Yes u are right when you say that u would get 54 points if you get 23 points for UCAT but I would call/email them just to make sure also for 2022 entry 51 points were needed for national to get an interview.Also I am applying from west midlands so fingers crossed for us:borat:
(edited 1 year ago)
@Haluro how many points do you have if you don’t mind me asking?
And I should have 23 points since the 2nd decile begins at 2300 and I am above that shouldn’t I ? But I will call on Monday to check
@astarsweat i have 56 points 30 form GSCEs + A-levels and 26 from UCAT.Hopefully we should both get interviews as we are both above the cut off score by some points
Original post by Haluro
@astarsweat i have 56 points 30 form GSCEs + A-levels and 26 from UCAT.Hopefully we should both get interviews as we are both above the cut off score by some points

Heyy!!! I got the exact same points as you. 32 from GCSE + A levels and 24 from UCAT( Hate that test with a passion) Im applying from west midlands and yes the cut off last year was 51 so Hopefully we get interviews !!!
Original post by Welcome14
Heyy!!! I got the exact same points as you. 32 from GCSE + A levels and 24 from UCAT( Hate that test with a passion) Im applying from west midlands and yes the cut off last year was 51 so Hopefully we get interviews !!!

Yes me too as i would dread it if I had to do another gap year.
Original post by docxo
Hi, i'm applying from london and so was wondering whether it would be viable to aplly here this year considering they only award 10 places to applicants not from their local area - thanks !!

My stats are:
Biology - 9
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 9
Maths - 8
English literature - 8
Geography - 8
German - 7
Religious studies - 7
English language - 6
Health & social care (BTEC) - Distinction*

UCAT = 2630 B3
VR = 610
DM = 670
QR = 670
AR = 680

Predicted A-Levels:
Biology = A
Chemistry = A
Psychology = A*

Work experience:
- 1 week placement at King's College Hospital
- 1 week placement at Epsom Hospital
- 1 week GP placement
- Volunteering at local hospital for a couple of weeks
- Volunteering at Barnado's (charity shop) for 6 months

I also meet certain contextual criteria's:
In receipt of UCAT Bursary
1st in family to go into higher education
State school
Universal credit

Hey!!! I seen on last years tsr that a guy got rejected pre interview as he met the requirements for the 5 year course yet still applied for the 6 year course despite meeting the contextual offer criteria. Your stats look really good so if feel it would be better for you to apply for the 5 year course as your gcses are really strong and you have a good ucat. However, I would call them up if I was you and tell them your grades etc and ask if your fine applying for the 6 year course
Original post by Haluro
Yes me too as i would dread it if I had to do another gap year.

Dont worry lad!! Im on a gap year too. We will smash it in sha Allah and get in this year! What other unis for foundation year u looking to apply to
Original post by Welcome14
Dont worry lad!! Im on a gap year too. We will smash it in sha Allah and get in this year! What other unis for foundation year u looking to apply to

I am looking at KMMS normal course, Southampton foundation course, and Keele foundation course.My 5th choice is biological science with genetics at uni of Birmingham.

Whats your 4 choices? Oh, and by the way, I am a female but yes in sha Allah we will smash it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending