The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

oceans one was not too bad just about local actions protecting biosphere so just dropped st lucia in and a bit in great barrier reef and north sea i thought the test overall was pretty bad just badly organised but I lodged a complaint with edexel and stated my opinion now just waiting for generic reply
oceans one was not too bad just about local actions protecting biosphere so just dropped st lucia in and a bit in great barrier reef and north sea i thought the test overall was pretty bad just badly organised im disappointed in the new format but I lodged a complaint with edexel and stated my opinion now just waiting for generic reply
Original post by Sarahm123
the soil I had nothing to put, what did everyone else put?

For the soil I talked about fertile/infertile soil and said that plants would grow in areas of soil with more fertility...
Original post by fudgeboy989
What did you guys put for the very first question in restless earth (besides the lahars melting)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not entirely sure whether my answer was right but I also said that transport links would get disrupted
Reply 24
Help, why is deposition important in the lower course of a river? Praying for SPaG marks because I think I've thrown away 8 marks there but I'm supposed to get A* argh!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 57emmas
Help, why is deposition important in the lower course of a river?!
Posted from TSR Mobile

I might be wrong but wasn't that question about the importance of deposition in lower course landforms? Because I remember I talked about how deposition was important in the lower course landforms (oxbow lakes, meanders, floodplains, and levees)...
Reply 26
We've never even learnt what levees are so those 2 beautiful 2 mark questions made me want to cry, and yeah that's the question, I write about oxbow lakes so hopefully on the right lines, thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by romaiseb
Not entirely sure whether my answer was right but I also said that transport links would get disrupted

Put about bad water quality
Original post by fudgeboy989
What did you guys put for the very first question in restless earth (besides the lahars melting)?
Original post by Sarahm123
Put about bad water quality

Original post by romaiseb

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah so to get two marks you probably had to write about the mud flows/lahars (1) and a secondary impact (e.g. transport link disruption or bad water quality, etc) (1)
Original post by econam
It was how does altitiude and soils effect biomes or something along those lines.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what does the soil affect
Original post by 57emmas
Help, why is deposition important in the lower course of a river? Praying for SPaG marks because I think I've thrown away 8 marks there but I'm supposed to get A* argh!

Posted from TSR Mobile

its for the flood plains with meander migration and flooding to produce the flood plains.
well at leas that's what I put
Original post by venerable crow
what does the soil affect

I put depending on whether the soil is fertile or not, it can affect the plants that grow in areas of a biome
Reply 32
My school sent an email to edexcel complaing that parts of the exam were not covered in enough detail in the specification to test 8markers on. (Eg. The destructive wave one) A*'s alround I hope:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am doing a Geography mock on Tuesday, reading from your comments about the Biosphere question I am now a bit scared.
I am doing my Geography mock tomorrow, can anyone tell me whats in it?!? because my future school depens on my mock results and I would like to get in, thanks x
Original post by 7890queen
I am doing a Geography mock on Tuesday, reading from your comments about the Biosphere question I am now a bit scared.
what was in it??? Please tell xxx
Unfortunately I'm going to have to close this thread to prevent further discussion of this exam paper. As this paper is currently being used for mock exams, more discussion could lead to cheating.

I hope you understand, please PM me if you have any questions.

Latest