The Student Room Group

AQA Poetry: Conflict predictions

I've been told that 'Come On, Come Back' is most likely going to be asked about but I'm not sure what else?
Reply 1
not 'Come on, Come back' i absolutely hate it because i dont know what can be compared with it :frown:
Original post by MrT123
not 'Come on, Come back' i absolutely hate it because i dont know what can be compared with it :frown:

You could compare it with Futility as they both deal with the effects of war/conflict on soldiers
I hope its not at the border 1979 :frown:
Original post by Marcusroye98
I hope its not at the border 1979 :frown:

Apparently It should be out of 5 poems because AQA never repeat a poem. So it should be out of:
Come on come back
Flag
Out of the blue
At the border
I can't remember the other one :/ sorry!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by dalton-2626
Apparently It should be out of 5 poems because AQA never repeat a poem. So it should be out of:
Come on come back
Flag
Out of the blue
At the border
I can't remember the other one :/ sorry!

Flag won't come up, its foundation only. At the border came up in Jan 2013 so hopefully it won't appear again.
However I feel they may repeat at least one due to the fact that eveyone will be relying on the Out of the blue and Come on come back coming up so to be safe revise all of them.

The other 2 foundation only poems are the right word and falling leaves, however this doesn't mean you can't use them in a comparison

Good luck!
Original post by beckyrebecca
Flag won't come up, its foundation only. At the border came up in Jan 2013 so hopefully it won't appear again.
However I feel they may repeat at least one due to the fact that eveyone will be relying on the Out of the blue and Come on come back coming up so to be safe revise all of them.

The other 2 foundation only poems are the right word and falling leaves, however this doesn't mean you can't use them in a comparison

Good luck!

Thanks this was so helpful! I can't believe flag is foundation only I love it :frown: But seriously thanks, you're a lifesaver, I completely skipped both of those................ xD
but they did give us a massive surprise in the lit exam, so you never know it could be something thats already come up

Quick Reply

Latest