The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature 2023

what was the question on An Inspector Calls and Power and Conflict Poetry for the 2023 june exams
Reply 1
Original post by J0sh2259
what was the question on An Inspector Calls and Power and Conflict Poetry for the 2023 june exams

If these are for mocks, I won’t give it away entirely.

The AIC Q was about generational differences and the poem was relatively long.
Reply 2
Original post by subbhy

thanks was the poetry a war poem?
Reply 3
Original post by subbhy

btw it’s not for mocks it’s so i can try and predict what comes up this year
Reply 4
thanks was the poetry a war poem?

Nope!
Reply 5
btw it’s not for mocks it’s so i can try and predict what comes up this year

It was My Last Duchess! And don’t bother with predictions because we all made them and we were all utterly wrong!

Even so, there are a few that you could rule out: Ozymandias and Bayonet Charge (came up twice!). My Last duchess is unlikely to come up twice consecutively, Tissue is considered by many to be inaccessible. Ones that have come up already are unlikely to reappear any time soon!

So my advice would be to make sure you focus well on Storm on the island, Charge of the light brigade and Poppies!
Reply 6
Original post by subbhy
It was My Last Duchess! And don’t bother with predictions because we all made them and we were all utterly wrong!

Even so, there are a few that you could rule out: Ozymandias and Bayonet Charge (came up twice!). My Last duchess is unlikely to come up twice consecutively, Tissue is considered by many to be inaccessible. Ones that have come up already are unlikely to reappear any time soon!

So my advice would be to make sure you focus well on Storm on the island, Charge of the light brigade and Poppies!
ye alr thanks do u know what the other questions for AIC was theme and character
Reply 7
ye alr thanks do u know what the other questions for AIC was theme and character

Difference in generational responses to Inspector.

I think the other one was about either Edna or Eva and how they represent the poor I think, can’t remember
Reply 8
alright cheers
Reply 9
Original post by subbhy

was thinking about this, what would you compare to my last dutches, ozymandias?
Reply 10
was thinking about this, what would you compare to my last dutches, ozymandias?

Yes, London possibly too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending