The Student Room Group

messed up?

I think i may have messed up one of the english literature's by talking about the wrong topic? It was a good essay but didn't completeley answer what the question asked, how many marks would i be able to get?
Reply 1
Well it depends, if you completely talk about another question or book or something you'd be lucky to pick up a few marks but if you've just gone slightly off topic you'll just drop some
Reply 2
Well it depends, if you completely talk about another question or book or something you'd be lucky to pick up a few marks but if you've just gone slightly off topic you'll just drop some

Thanks, I talked about a theme that was linked with the question but not entirely what the question asked. Should that be ok???
Doesn't matter now. You can't do anything about it. Force yourself to stop think it about it.
Reply 4
Not sure what exam board you're on. However english literature marks how well analytical you are about the book. You'll probably not get full marks but you will gain most if you write a good, well structured essay.
Don't worry too much seeing as it's done now and I'm sure it's not as bad as you think!
Reply 5
Original post by timtu

Thanks, I talked about a theme that was linked with the question but not entirely what the question asked. Should that be ok???

Well you aren't going to get as many marks, but as long as it is in some relation the what the examiner asks then you'll pick up some. The key point is to answer the question though. Anyway the other poster is right, force yourself to stop thinking about it there's nothing you can do.

Quick Reply

Latest