The Student Room Group

ever been fired for being rude?

Been working in hospitality for almost 5 years since i was a teenager. Always held down a job but just got fired after 2 weeks for messing up a table order thus slowing the kitchen right down who were up to their eyeballs and being rude, honestly i think i was more stressed and didn't want to come across as rude but a bit of a bummer.
Reply 1
I guess if you were 2 weeks in it probably for them just seemed easier to get rid of you but it seems harsh. I worked in the same pub for 4 years (still go back there when not at uni) and we would be particularly lenient to new staff when they messed up because it’s normal when you don’t know the menu etc.
The chefs may throw a bit of a tantrum but they got over it eventually. We’ve had plenty of screaming matches with the chefs during service where they’ve been rude incredibly unnecessarily. Maybe you’ve dodged a bullet if they are going to fire someone over something so minor🤷🏼*♀️
Reply 2
Original post by ALEreapp
I guess if you were 2 weeks in it probably for them just seemed easier to get rid of you but it seems harsh. I worked in the same pub for 4 years (still go back there when not at uni) and we would be particularly lenient to new staff when they messed up because it’s normal when you don’t know the menu etc.
The chefs may throw a bit of a tantrum but they got over it eventually. We’ve had plenty of screaming matches with the chefs during service where they’ve been rude incredibly unnecessarily. Maybe you’ve dodged a bullet if they are going to fire someone over something so minor🤷🏼*♀️

yeah i got a complaint about me about the guys food order i messed up
Reply 3
Original post by mermaid019754
yeah i got a complaint about me about the guys food order i messed up

Sh*t happens, that’s why training is needed tbh and management should have handled the situation explaining you are new and it was a high pressure situation. I wouldn’t take it to heart hospitality is on its knees anyway so you’ll find somewhere else very quickly!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending