The Student Room Group

can I turn this around ?

I realllyyy really messed up during year 10, I cheated on exams, I never properly revised, I messed around just everything under the sun. My teachers would just give up on our class, I watched titanic 4 times, 3 inspector calls adaptations, and 2 macbeth films for no reason in english because my teacher was done with us, and my biology teacher decided to just let us google answers in our tests. We are in shambles.
All my predicted are skewed, I am predicted 9s but I think realistically they should be 6/7s or maybe 8s.
I have forgotten loads of content, and I genuinely am stressing out now, which is totally my own fault for not paying attention and cheating. My friends are super diligent and revise loads, and it’s starting to hit me now that I have my GCSEs in less than a year. Is it possible to turn this mess around? I want 8 and 9s, but I’m stuck with 6s that could possible be even lower taking in consideration the cheating and lack on memory now. Has anyone gone through this kind of thing? Did it end up going well? Is it possible to then this around in less than a year? :frown:
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by B_____
I realllyyy really messed up during year 10, I cheated on exams, I never properly revised, I messed around just everything under the sun. My teachers would just give up on our class, I watched titanic 4 times, 3 inspector calls adaptations, and 2 macbeth films for no reason in english because my teacher was done with us, and my biology teacher decided to just let us google answers in our tests. We are in shambles.
All my predicted are skewed, I am predicted 9s but I think realistically they should be 6/7s or maybe 8s.
I have forgotten loads of content, and I genuinely am stressing out now, which is totally my own fault for not paying attention and cheating. My friends are super diligent and revise loads, and it’s starting to hit me now that I have my GCSEs in less than a year. Is it possible to turn this mess around? I want 8 and 9s, but I’m stuck with 6s that could possible be even lower taking in consideration the cheating and lack on memory now. Has anyone gone through this kind of thing? Did it end up going well? Is it possible to then this around in less than a year? :frown:

You have motivation to revise now. Teaching by youtube is your best option, such as primrose kitten. Yes you can turn it around - not fully, but you can change it for the better
A year is absolutely tonnes of time to turn it around, especially for GCSEs which are relatively easy. However you have to take accountability and stop all your cheating and other irrelevant activity, just knuckle down hard and study. Take your friends as role models and turn up diligent mode to max on speakers, pay attention in class, take notes and assault past papers like there’s no law enforcement, OK? And if you do all of this you will have 8s and 9s everywhere and the paparazzi will be outside your school taking pictures with the flash on.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest