The Student Room Group

Grade 6 piano ABRSM

Hello

I had my grade 6 piano exam today and it didn’t go too well. I’ll breakdown how everything went and can you give me an expected mark?

SCALES - major and minor ones went fine. Really messed up my contrary motion one and my dominant 7th (didn’t even end on the right note). He didn’t even ask me a chromatic one - does this mean he thought I was incapable???

PIECE 1 - not too bad. Lost tempo slightly and one slip

PIECE 2 - ish. Missed a few left hand chords and nowhere near as quick as it should have been

PIECE 3 - Somehow managed to mess up the second line to the point where I had to stop and restart from that point

SIGHT READING - Not bad. Some wrong notes and key missed slightly but not as bad as it could have been

AURAL TESTS - we may aswell discount these as I don’t think I sang one note right or answered any questions correct.

Is there any way I would pass when messed up a bit on everything and completely died on my aural tests?

Thank
Original post by Lars360
Hello
I had my grade 6 piano exam today and it didn’t go too well. I’ll breakdown how everything went and can you give me an expected mark?
SCALES - major and minor ones went fine. Really messed up my contrary motion one and my dominant 7th (didn’t even end on the right note). He didn’t even ask me a chromatic one - does this mean he thought I was incapable???
PIECE 1 - not too bad. Lost tempo slightly and one slip
PIECE 2 - ish. Missed a few left hand chords and nowhere near as quick as it should have been
PIECE 3 - Somehow managed to mess up the second line to the point where I had to stop and restart from that point
SIGHT READING - Not bad. Some wrong notes and key missed slightly but not as bad as it could have been
AURAL TESTS - we may aswell discount these as I don’t think I sang one note right or answered any questions correct.
Is there any way I would pass when messed up a bit on everything and completely died on my aural tests?
Thank

Hi, you've probably already got your mark so what did you get? I had a similar issue with grade 5 where I got asked to restart some scales and a piece but I passed, I'm going to take my 6 soon so I want to know people's experiences
Reply 2
Got a merit!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending