The Student Room Group

medicine application scotland

hi guys! i was just wondering if it’s possible to still apply to medicine if i’ve messed up one of my highers. would i get a conditional or anything like that if i got say a C or something and took it again next year as either a higher or advanced higher. i’m really stressed out at the moment about it
Reply 1
Original post by friedchickenlvr
hi guys! i was just wondering if it’s possible to still apply to medicine if i’ve messed up one of my highers. would i get a conditional or anything like that if i got say a C or something and took it again next year as either a higher or advanced higher. i’m really stressed out at the moment about it

I think it depends on what unis u are looking at. I’m in the same situation I think I messed up in biology but idk, I remember looking at Aberdeen I think they said something about doing advanced and getting an A/B equals an A in higher biology?? But please check that I could be wrong. Edinburgh is really strict with it😭 I’m pretty sure they don’t allow resits for subjects. If u don’t mind me asking what subject did u mess up In?
Original post by 2022user
I think it depends on what unis u are looking at. I’m in the same situation I think I messed up in biology but idk, I remember looking at Aberdeen I think they said something about doing advanced and getting an A/B equals an A in higher biology?? But please check that I could be wrong. Edinburgh is really strict with it😭 I’m pretty sure they don’t allow resits for subjects. If u don’t mind me asking what subject did u mess up In?

hi! i messed up in maths this year. i’ll email the universities about it bc im stressing loads. i think i might take it again next year but i really don’t want to go through higher maths again 😓
Reply 3
hi! i messed up in maths this year. i’ll email the universities about it bc im stressing loads. i think i might take it again next year but i really don’t want to go through higher maths again 😓

Good idea, it’s better to get the advice straight from the unis themselves, best of luck!

Hi, this is the University of Aberdeen rep account. I agree that it's definitely worth getting in contact with the universities directly so they can get you a definite answer on how they would assess your grades and any resits. You can have a look at our Medicine page here which has contact details for our medical admissions team who will be able to give you some advice: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/smmsn/undergraduate/medicine/index.php

I can definitely imagine it being stressful not knowing what the next steps are. Really hope that getting an answer from them and other unis on this helps.

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Original post by UoA Enquiry Team
Hi, this is the University of Aberdeen rep account. I agree that it's definitely worth getting in contact with the universities directly so they can get you a definite answer on how they would assess your grades and any resits. You can have a look at our Medicine page here which has contact details for our medical admissions team who will be able to give you some advice: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/smmsn/undergraduate/medicine/index.php

I can definitely imagine it being stressful not knowing what the next steps are. Really hope that getting an answer from them and other unis on this helps.

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Hello! thank you for your response. I had a wee look at the university websites and found that most universities don’t accept resits, and 2 of them actually requires all As to be achieved by the end of S5. i think i’ll actually talk to the admissions team irl since i’ll be attending some open days, but i appreciate your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending