The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
what subject is unit 16?
Reply 321
hey everyone, sorry if this has been asked before but theres too much for me to search through lol..

anyway ive just started unit 5:systems analysis, and im finding extreme difficulty when creating flow charts! i just dont know where to start (for example a question could be 'draw a flow chart from this dicision box') and i just won't get how to basically draw the chart. the dicision box is easy to fill in.. but i feel really stupid about not knowing hot to do the charts - mind you 3 out of the 5 of us are having problems with this too.. anyone else feel the same about this unit? since it's exam based too.. i am feeling more pressure!

thanks for any help! :smile:
Reply 322
yeah it is difficult, i may be able to help as i have already done this unit
Reply 323
i forgot to add, structured english is also very confusing.. how do u know when to use either IF or ELSE??
Reply 324
thanks for the help papillon!

i understand how simple ones work, but ones where it contains long information confuses me.. ill have to find some examples..
Reply 325
Does anyone here know how to use Macromedia Director to open different web pages (htm, html) using scripts assigned to buttons?
Unit 9: Impact of ICT on Society - OCR
Has anyone got this case study? Currently stuck on the following task:

Task 3: Using the Internet for Research - Produce a report for Mr Smith's manager evaluating the use of the Internet by customers for research before they make a purchase.

Just needing some pointers of where to begin. Help much appreciated.
Just got back my Edexcel Unit 5 Systems analysis prerelease marks...and there not to good!

Any one got any suggestions on the DFD as what looks obvoius ...probably :smile: is not!

Anyone got a really good mark??

cheers
We didn't get ours back, but all the class got less than 12 out of 29!!!!
However I got 10/29 on Unit 2 which went up to 17/29 on a remark... Any chance you can scan the pre-release you did so I can see how they marked it?
Reply 329
I got 9!
I hate to think what the exam will be like. A teacher says looking at the pre-release material, there will be a lot of database related questions
Reply 330
need help on unit 13 - website

why wouldn't you use a frame in a website?
Reply 331
mo_ibz

Frames are unsightly. They make it difficult to bookmark a page or save a webpage to its favourites. They can take a long time to load up...
Reply 332
Not all browsers support frames
Reply 333
Hello All.

I am well into my first year of the AVCE ICT course and I am starting to find it pretty hard.

Please could anyone one help me on all the subjects.

Thamks

Adam
Reply 334
What specific help do you need?
Is the 19th may the date it has to reach the examboard?
Reply 336
dickpearce
Just got back my Edexcel Unit 5 Systems analysis prerelease marks...and there not to good!

Any one got any suggestions on the DFD as what looks obvoius ...probably :smile: is not!

Anyone got a really good mark??

cheers

I'm in my 2nd year now and have got an A for last year. Got 81 out of 100 on Systems Analysis. I cant remember much now i think but i can help you out a little!
Reply 337
Helix88
Is the 19th may the date it has to reach the examboard?

As far as i know, 75% of the modules should be in to the board by May 15th. Does anyone know what the date is for the remainder of the modules?

EDIT: In regards to edexcel that is.
Reply 338
does anyone know how to draw dataflow diagrams? Please help my cwk is due tomorrow! Thanks
Reply 339
mo_ibz

yo im doin da same coursework got most of it done jus workin thru da cheklist makin sure i got everythin...i rekon we shud help each otha...let me no how far u got

Latest

Trending

Trending