The Student Room Group

21st century science OCR B456

How did you think the b456 exam went today guys? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I thought it was fairly straightforward, although seeing everyone else's response, I may have messed up the last question. I didn't write that it was a reflex arc, instead I put it as a stimulated response because in my revision guide it gave an example just like the question and said it wasn't a reflex response...oh well :s-smilie:
What did you guys answer for the tick box question on the second page?
I guessed the middle three boxes on the last second of the exam :s-smilie:
Original post by MuslimaSheikh
What did you guys answer for the tick box question on the second page?
I guessed the middle three boxes on the last second of the exam :s-smilie:

I put the one about only respiring at night, and also the one about water vapour but I can't remember which other box I ticked...I definitely think I mucked up that exam. Oh well, there goes my a* in biology :frown:
Wat was the question on page 3?
Reply 5
HOw did you all do on the ratio question?

what did you get?
Original post by BeccaBurrell
I put the one about only respiring at night, and also the one about water vapour but I can't remember which other box I ticked...I definitely think I mucked up that exam. Oh well, there goes my a* in biology :frown:
What did you put down for the ethical issues and i think i did the same exact mistake as you for the final question, i first talked about the reflex response which i guess is correct but then i crossed it out and then talked about the CNS and etc. :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by Fishhy34
How did you think the b456 exam went today guys? :smile:

Not bad, what did you put for the ratio question?
Original post by BobLAD
Not bad, what did you put for the ratio question?
96:5
Reply 9
Original post by berkay1343
96:5

So did I, first person but myself i've heard put this answer?
Reply 10
I thought it was fairly straightforward, although seeing everyone else's response, I may have messed up the last question. I didn't write that it was a reflex arc, instead I put it as a stimulated response because in my revision guide it gave an example just like the question and said it wasn't a reflex response...oh well :s-smilie:

I think as-long as you have outlined the process clearly then you should be awarded some marks. Certain phrases that you might have mentioned may be valid responses in the mark scheme...don't worry to much because we don't actually have the physical mark-schemes to identify which points are right an completely wrong :smile:
Reply 11

was that the curved plant tick box question about the stomata ???
Reply 12
Original post by BobLAD
HOw did you all do on the ratio question?

what did you get?

I wrote 19.2 :redface:
however some people did say it had to be in ratio form of 1:19.2
But i think that equation did equate to you calculating the ratio overall. Markscheme may allow valid other answers :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by berkay1343
What did you put down for the ethical issues and i think i did the same exact mistake as you for the final question, i first talked about the reflex response which i guess is correct but then i crossed it out and then talked about the CNS and etc. :frown:

IF YOU MENTIONED the CNS was the unconscious part of the brain you may get marks
Reply 14
I wrote 19.2 :redface:
however some people did say it had to be in ratio form of 1:19.2
But i think that equation did equate to you calculating the ratio overall. Markscheme may allow valid other answers :smile:

Okay, thanks mate
I got 19.2:1 as well?
Reply 16
Original post by thelion786
I got 19.2:1 as well?

hopefully should be right i just left it as a number 19.2 >.< other people did write 1:19.2 so you probably have got it correct:redface:
Reply 17
Grade boundary predictions ???

my grade boundary predictions from viewing last years grade boundaries:
A*-42-40
A-34-36
B-32-30
C-28-25
E.T.C
Reply 18
Didn't want to leave 19.2 as a decimal, so i used the lowest number to make it a whole number which was 96?
hopefully should be right i just left it as a number 19.2 >.< other people did write 1:19.2 so you probably have got it correct:redface:

Yeah hopefully, and the second 6 marker I forgot to mention mRNA and squeezed it in at the bottom -.- but I mentioned all the enzymes and amino acids being coded with triplets and ribosomes used for order, hopefully got at least 3-4 hmm

Quick Reply

Latest