The Student Room Group

Movies you have thought are awesome, yet underrated on review sites and by others

Mine is the heat, I thought this was the funniest film I have ever see and on a par with bridesmaids, which was also awesome. However on imbd it is 6.7 and only 65 per cent on rotten tomato . If I had seen this stats I probably wouldn't have bothered watching it. It just shows that bad reviews are always what you will think. I also don't hear many people talking about like they do other movies.

So what do you think of the heat and what is a movie you have liked but has mostly been forgotten and under rated by everyone else

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Flight of The Living Dead
Frozen (not the Disney film. The horror/thriller from 2010)
Alone in the Dark (1982)
Grabbers
Mr Nobody
The Kings of Summer
The Life of David Gale
The Interview
Inherit The Wind
Dead End (2003)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Thats my boy
None because I only like good movies GOML.
Reply 4
The Matrix Reloaded
The 1998 version of Godzilla

What was so wrong about that?!
Reply 6
Mr. Nobody
Reply 7
The Life of David Gale.
Reply 8
Green Lantern. I've yet to meet anyone that likes it apart from me. I didn't think it was that bad.

Other than that, badly reviewed movies I love are:
Tropic Thunder
Little Nicky
Mr. Deeds
Reply 9
The first three Karate Kid movies (basically all the ones with Daniel) and the Matrix sequels.
Original post by BarBaBaBaBarBaBaBa
The 1998 version of Godzilla

What was so wrong about that?!

It was a terrible film 😂
Reply 11
The Razor's Edge

Enemy Mine
Reply 12
Original post by syrettd
Green Lantern. I've yet to meet anyone that likes it apart from me. I didn't think it was that bad.

Other than that, badly reviewed movies I love are:
Tropic Thunder
Little Nicky
Mr. Deeds

I really liked Tropic Thunder. Very funny, especially Robert Downey Jr.'s character.
Original post by Marco1
I really liked Tropic Thunder. Very funny, especially Robert Downey Jr.'s character.

Yeah, he was the best! He gets some amazing lines in that film.
Wild Child is one of my favourite fluffy films but got branded a bit below average by critics. Bit of a piss take.
The Fifth Estate
Cloud Atlas. It was given really eh reviews basically everywhere, but it's my favourite book and I thought the adaptation was basically page perfect
Passengers.

I genuinely thought that was a good film :nothing:
Original post by Pip123321
Mine is the heat, I thought this was the funniest film I have ever see and on a par with bridesmaids, which was also awesome. However on imbd it is 6.7 and only 65 per cent on rotten tomato . If I had seen this stats I probably wouldn't have bothered watching it. It just shows that bad reviews are always what you will think. I also don't hear many people talking about like they do other movies.

So what do you think of the heat and what is a movie you have liked but has mostly been forgotten and under rated by everyone else

herbie fully loaded
just my luck
Reply 19
Original post by syrettd
Yeah, he was the best! He gets some amazing lines in that film.

Yep, brilliant!

Quick Reply

Latest