The Student Room Group

Best A-Level Subjects for a Career in Finance?

I intend to study A-Levels next year and they must have something to do with finance and business as it can lead me to a good Economics/Business/Accounting degree at University. What good subjects are there that may give me a strong foundation for the future?
Reply 1
Economics, Accounting, Business and a maths degree especially, some unis (especially the good ones) require you to have atleast B in A-level maths to apply for their finance related courses.
Reply 2
I'd personally advise looking to study Maths at the very least and Further Maths if you have the academic ability to do so. Economics is another very useful A-Level for going into a degree that is finance related and you can then decide a fourth subject of your choice. (You can choose something different to mix it up a bit. Universities like a student with a breadth of knowledge, and therefore having 4 mathematical/finance related subjects can sometimes be a bad thing)

Business Studies is also another viable A-Level to study but it described as a "soft" A-Level and Accounting can be useful too if you're interested in it, but I don't know much about it since my sixth form college does not offer it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
All you need is a Maths a level to get into the majority of economics and some accounting courses
Further maths if your grades are good enough for those higher end places.

Business + Management degrees usually do not have specific subject requirements.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest