The Student Room Group

GCSE Results day 2014 Chat Thread- WOO!

What do you think you got?
What were your choices?
What do you want to get?
How will you react?
Are you bothered? Or you don't really care?
Will you cry?
Will your parents be mad at you?
What do you want to be?
Do you think you've passed or failed?
How will you open your results?
Will you tell your friends? Open it infront of your friends?

I've worked EXTREMELY HARD for my grades.. so if i see anything like a B or lower- I WILL CURL UP INTO A BALL AND CRY. But I thought they all went well, expect Biology unit 2 and maths on the 9th (which is very important to me). I think I've passed, but i will not open it in front of my friends.. Maybe leave the school, check the grades.. If its AMAZING i'll be like; Wasssup bitches i got an A* on this this and that :lol:.. I woke up 5am every morning. Revised ever break time, lunchtime, after school time etc. I seriously will cry so much if i see I've failed. :sadnod:

BUT ANYWAYS, TELL ME ABOUT YA'LL :biggrin:

:elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:

CONGRATULATIONS!

Dear TSRians! I Hope you're all pleased and delighted with your results! And if not, do not beat yourself up because of it. You tried your hardest and gave it your all, so what has happened, has happened. Just try to stay optimistic and buoyant! Now just think about Sixth Form and try tremendously hard for A-levels! Give yourself a pat on the back and YOLO, so live it! Everyone looking forward to starting sixthform/college? Prepared? Just chill and relax. I have enjoyed being your OP and look forward to stay in contact with you all :') It has truly been a pleasure :angelblush:

But no, seriously.. I am one cool OP ngl :cool:
Smile and have a great day!

:elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm terrified! I failed English language and I have to re-sit in November, just dreading seeing what I get. I'm sure you did really well though, I just hope it doesn't ruin my summer :biggrin:
I think im going to die if i get a B... except for french though XD my parents couldn't care less about that.
Reply 3
Awfully nervous I imagine, I've decided that I'll take my results sheet and open it in front of all my family, if I fail then dw, I've been jogging for the past few months and my parents are in their fourties! :biggrin:
Reply 4
People saying they'll die if they get a B make me feel really insignificant :frown:

I have mixed feelings about results day. I'm looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time.
Reply 5
I just hope i do not hyperventilate or cry or faint or fail.
In Year 10, hoping for at least 2A*s out of the three GCSEs I done this year, anything below an A will be heartbreaking.

Edit: An A* in History, I'll get my two other grades tomorrow.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Aggyyu
People saying they'll die if they get a B make me feel really insignificant :frown:

I have mixed feelings about results day. I'm looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time.

LOL no Bs are very good grades... its just that i want medicine :3 and with a B its just not going to happen...
Reply 8
At this point I'm just praying to pass everything, so Bs are very good lol
Reply 9
Original post by Angelo12231
LOL no Bs are very good grades... its just that i want medicine :3 and with a B its just not going to happen...

Ah, no worries :smile: It IS one of the best paying professions...

I'm hoping for a good enough grade in computing for A-Level myself.
Original post by Aggyyu
Ah, no worries :smile: It IS one of the best paying professions...

I'm hoping for a good enough grade in computing for A-Level myself.

ahhh Computing is really fast growing :3 great choice and good luck!!
Reply 11
Hoping for:

English Literature - A*
History - A*
Maths - C
Further Science - B
Core Science - A
Additional - C
French - B
English Language (Already got A)
Reply 12

+ I don't want to be murdered by my mother
+ They always compare me with my older sister. In my opinion i think she got it easy; retakes and modular exams etc..
Just because i care about my appearance and health, they think i'm a failure. So i want to prove them wrong :wink:
Original post by Dinaa
+ I don't want to be murdered by my mother
+ They always compare me with my older sister. In my opinion i think she got it easy; retakes and modular exams etc..
Just because i care about my appearance and health, they think i'm a failure. So i want to prove them wrong :wink:

lol smart is the new sexy ;D
Reply 14
lol smart is the new sexy ;D

Rawwrr ! ;P

Good luck lool.
Original post by Dinaa
Rawwrr ! ;P

Good luck lool.

thanks :3 still got 3 exams (B3,C3,P3) good luck you too gurrrl :tongue:
Our year is getting our grades by email so I don't have to go to school and open them in front of my friends :tongue:

I'm soooooo worried! I'm expected to get really high grades and I don't want to let anyone (including myself) down. And my mum will kill me if I don't do really well.
Original post by aliciaa1997
Our year is getting our grades by email so I don't have to go to school and open them in front of my friends :tongue:

I'm soooooo worried! I'm expected to get really high grades and I don't want to let anyone (including myself) down. And my mum will kill me if I don't do really well.

what grades??
Original post by Dinaa
How do you think you'll be??
Emotional, nervous happy, excited lallalalala..!
Or will you not open it in front of your friends?
What do you think you got. Do you think you've passed or failed?

I've worked EXTREMELY HARD for my grades.. so if i see anything like a B or lower- I WILL CURL UP INTO A BALL AND CRY.
But I thought they all went well, expect Biology unit 2 and maths on the 9th (which is very important to me). I think i've passed, but i will not open it infront of my friends.. Maybe leave the school, check the grades.. If its AMAZING i'll be like; Wasssup bitches i got an A* on this this and that :biggrin:..

And can anyone relate, when you tell your parents you got like 94/100, they say' why not A*, why not 100/100' - it annoys me soo much. So even if i get an A* - they will say why not 100/100.
So i'm dreading the thought of my mothers face when i tell her i got a A :'(

BUT ANYWAYS, TELL ME ABOUT YA'LL :wink:

Omg my mother is the same. She demands perfection. If I get anything less than straight A*s, she'll never let me forget it. So yeah you could say that I'm extremely anxious, especially about maths, physics and biology...
what grades??

My mum pretty much demands perfection- she wants me to get straight A*s...my older sister got 10 A*s and an A (She's so clever and since I'm the younger one, I'm expected to do as well, or better). It would be nice if I beat her haha but I'm so worried because my mum would be so disappointed if I got an A, which is ridiculous, I know, but she has high expectations. I've worked really hard too so I've put a lot of pressure on myself to do well too...

Latest