The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

English
Spanish
Galician
Reply 101
Baron
ahhhh dry or sweet??

sweet all the way! Blackthorns, the south west's premier cider! and sponsors of the UK's premier rugby team :biggrin:
Reply 102
blissy
I know, I feel a bit onscene when I say cont-ry.

Yes, I can't understand northern accents. You speak too quickly and it's all, well, northern.

yes i got that problem big time at work.... our section had to deal with work from northern england (norwich, derby etc), and phoning up these customers is the most harrowing experience!

tho most of them speak slightly slower cuz they're a bit older :biggrin:
Reply 103
4Ed
sweet all the way! Blackthorns, the south west's premier cider! and sponsors of the UK's premier rugby team :biggrin:

Devon COunty Show! Soaked ot the bone, covered in cow and sheep muck (after watching cow milking contests and sheep shearing competitions) but get into that food and drink tent.... the strongest and nicest soidrr you'd ever taste. And the beefburgers - the farmer could tell you the name of the cow. OH, Devon I miss you! When is the Devon County Show this year? I want to know if I can get back in time for it!
Reply 104
Armenian (mother tongue) (A in O Level)
English (Second Language)
French (A in GCSE)
Latin (A in GCSE)
also, memorising useful phrases in a host of different languages, such as hello...and quite a few swear words in hindi and other langauges, will come in handy...:biggrin:

oh yeah, and Macromedia Actionscript, bit of html and java and still learning.
Reply 105
blissy
Devon COunty Show! Soaked ot the bone, covered in cow and sheep muck (after watching cow milking contests and sheep shearing competitions) but get into that food and drink tent.... the strongest and nicest soidrr you'd ever taste. And the beefburgers - the farmer could tell you the name of the cow. OH, Devon I miss you! When is the Devon County Show this year? I want to know if I can get back in time for it!

a quick search in google gave me 20-22 May, 2004 in Exeter. :biggrin:

have you ever been to the Shepton Mallet one? apparently they had 159 differnt types of cider on taste last year, (tho i made that number up... there were def more than that!)...
Reply 106
4Ed
a quick search in google gave me 20-22 May, 2004 in Exeter. :biggrin:

have you ever been to the Shepton Mallet one? apparently they had 159 differnt types of cider on taste last year, if my memory doesn't fail me...

OH NO! I won't be able to go <is actually really disappointed> :frown::frown::frown::frown: :mad: No, never been to the Shepton Mallet one - any good?

Last year it was all rainy but my boyfriend knew all the army blokes (cause he trained with them) and I got to sit in a tank and sit in their tent and get all nice and warm and dry. OOOO soldiers:smile:
Reply 107
blissy
OH NO! I won't be able to go <is actually really disappointed> :frown::frown::frown::frown: :mad: No, never been to the Shepton Mallet one - any good?

Last year it was all rainy but my boyfriend knew all the army blokes (cause he trained with them) and I got to sit in a tank and sit in their tent and get all nice and warm and dry. OOOO soldiers:smile:

lol sturrdy wes' con'ree ladzz in uniforms :smile: lucky you!

every year i've been to the Shepton Mallet one (2 :tongue:) it's rained, so it's put me off going slightly! tho there's a real bustle to the show, plenty of stuff to buy/see, and the weather never seems to dampen the spirits! it's during June this year, if you're thinking of going...
Reply 108
4Ed
lol sturrdy wes' con'ree ladzz in uniforms :smile: lucky you!

every year i've been to the Shepton Mallet one (2 :tongue:) it's rained, so it's put me off going slightly! tho there's a real bustle to the show, plenty of stuff to buy/see, and the weather never seems to dampen the spirits! it's during June this year, if you're thinking of going...

SOUNDS brilliant!!!! Oh, I'm not going to be back then either.

I need some country life!
Reply 109
blissy
SOUNDS brilliant!!!! Oh, I'm not going to be back then either.

I need some country life!

are cambridge exams holding you back up? or are you travelling already?
zazy
I mean fluently.... :smile:

English (well obviously :tongue: ), Spanish and German....(I can speak a bit of French and Italian :smile:)
Reply 111
4Ed
are cambridge exams holding you back up? or are you travelling already?

My exams are on Monday and Tuesday but I have a whole term after that and that doesn't finish till the 10thish of June. My buffday is the 7th. I'm going to a May Ball on the 11th and hopefully going off for wherever we decide to go after then (dad will come and get all my stuff from my room and we will fly from stansted and then I can get the coach back home)
Reply 112
piginapoke
French... I'm not so good with the words but the letters I'm ok with.

I have never got my hea dround it...*cries*
Reply 113
blissy
My exams are on Monday and Tuesday but I have a whole term after that and that doesn't finish till the 10thish of June. My buffday is the 7th. I'm going to a May Ball on the 11th and hopefully going off for wherever we decide to go after then (dad will come and get all my stuff from my room and we will fly from stansted and then I can get the coach back home)

i didn't realise end of year exams came midway through april?

you could always do the northern country shows :biggrin: tho i'm not sure if they exist.... :tongue:
Reply 114
Tek
English
French (AS)
German (GCSE)
Esperanto
Hebrew (reading knowledge)

How hard is it to learn Hebrew because i have always wanted to learn it...Very interesting language...Just know days and numbers... :redface:
Reply 115
French
Latin
Saudi Arabian
English
German
Potuguese
Spanish
Belgian
Dutch
Norweigen

.......Learning Swedish
Reply 116
4Ed
i didn't realise end of year exams came midway through april?

you could always do the northern country shows :biggrin: tho i'm not sure if they exist.... :tongue:

Term doesn't begin until Tuesday. We English students have them at the beginning of term so we can concentrate on the next term's work. Other people have theres sometime during term and then have no more work, I believe.
Reply 117
English
French
Punjabi
Hindi
Urdu

So that makes 5 :smile:
Reply 118
blissy
Term doesn't begin until Tuesday. We English students have them at the beginning of term so we can concentrate on the next term's work. Other people have theres sometime during term and then have no more work, I believe.

fair enough. which college are you at then?
Reply 119
Adhsur
English
French
Punjabi
Hindi
Urdu

So that makes 5 :smile:

apparently there are quite a lot of indian languages....... are they completely different from each other, or are some very close (so almost just different dialects)?

Latest

Trending

Trending