The Student Room Group

Can anyone here speak an asian language?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Yes. I can speak Hindi and Marathi.
Yes, I'm native in Hindi and Punjabi. And you?
Reply 4
Original post by esrever
Yes. I can speak Hindi and Marathi.

What age did you learn English and those 2?
Reply 5
Original post by Sinsonte
Yes, I'm native in Hindi and Punjabi. And you?

Just english.
Reply 6
Marathi is spoken in my family. I don't remember when I learned it. I started learning English when I was 5. When I was 7, I moved school and learned Hindi.
Original post by jfwekfnwe

Just english.

I started speaking Punjabi and Hindi since I was born. I have been speaking English almost for 2 years now. I also speak Spanish , French and Catalan.
Reply 8
Learning Hindi wasn't difficult because it's quite similar to Marathi
Reply 9
I've been learning Japanese for about five years if that counts
Reply 10
Original post by esrever
Learning Hindi wasn't difficult because it's quite similar to Marathi

What language do you think in?
Reply 11
Original post by Sinsonte
I started speaking Punjabi and Hindi since I was born. I have been speaking English almost for 2 years now. I also speak Spanish , French and Catalan.

Tamil, English and 1 more
I can speak in Nepalese, English and I want to become more fluent in German than I am right now. But I've got nothing on my dad, he speaks about 8 different Indian languages (not dialects). My comprehension of it is just being able to understand what they say but not being able to reply back in the language whoops

Depends on the person who I am talking with. But if I'm alone I speak the one I'm most comfortable in that specific moment. It's really weird because when I'm in the street and I listen two people talking 2 different languages, I understand them both at the same time but my brain think in a third language so it doesn't mix the incomes. Weird.
Reply 15
Original post by saharan_skies
I can speak in Nepalese, English and I want to become more fluent in German than I am right now. But I've got nothing on my dad, he speaks about 8 different Indian languages (not dialects). My comprehension of it is just being able to understand what they say but not being able to reply back in the language whoops

What age did you learn Nepalese and English?
Nepalese is my native tongue, so since birth, but I began learning English during my kindergarten years/when I was around 4-5
What age did you learn Nepalese and English?
Nepalese speaker (can't write or read for s*** though). Dunno when I first spoke it as I was born in the UK.
Reply 18
Original post by saharan_skies
Nepalese is my native tongue, so since birth, but I began learning English during my kindergarten years/when I was around 4-5

Predominantly in English because I've lived in England for the greater half of my life but sometimes I do do the odd misspeaking in Nepalese when someone's talking to me in English haha

Quick Reply

Latest