The Student Room Group

Learning Skills

I have started learning Arabic Language as a need for living. I almost used all guides to learn it. But, there is no way I am achieving anything.
My question> What is the most fundamental way of learning Arabic as a beginner and to continue the progress even when I reach the Climax of my growth?
In my opinion, the quickest and best way to learn any language is to constantly implement it in your life. Read, speak, listen, watch the language. In easier levels, learn to read and try identify words from the language when listening. Higher levels, carry conversations and read consistently, not texts but books with harder vocab. In arabic, there is no "climax of growth", as an arab I am still always learning the language by reading new things and expanding my vocab. HOWEVER, if u feel like u want to learn something new or u are unsatisfied with ur recent progress and feel limited, i suggest exploring different dialects. Syrian arabic is different than Egyptian which is also different to moroccan. i actually have no idea what moroccans are saying LOL
Reply 2
Original post by layanizzeddin
In my opinion, the quickest and best way to learn any language is to constantly implement it in your life. Read, speak, listen, watch the language. In easier levels, learn to read and try identify words from the language when listening. Higher levels, carry conversations and read consistently, not texts but books with harder vocab. In arabic, there is no "climax of growth", as an arab I am still always learning the language by reading new things and expanding my vocab. HOWEVER, if u feel like u want to learn something new or u are unsatisfied with ur recent progress and feel limited, i suggest exploring different dialects. Syrian arabic is different than Egyptian which is also different to moroccan. i actually have no idea what moroccans are saying LOL

Yeah.. i am so good in reading and listening since, i read quran everyday. Even i can do general greeting with arab since i live in an arab country. Well, i will try to talk alot. Thnx btw
Reply 3
Hey, so this is pretty much my first post here, but when it comes to learning and using Arabic, this is a subject I'm well versed in being a foreign student to the Arabic language who speaks it quite well with the Arabs, plus lived in KSA, and UAE. In UAE we speak with people of many Arabic dialects, from Egyptian, to Syrian, etc, so it's not just the "fusha" that I'm used to.

Basically learning Arabic is pretty easy. It's an easy language, with seriously cool language structure. The only thing is, you'd better be learning with a good teacher, who's using good teaching material and methods.

And of course the student really needs to do his/her part at the end of the day.

Now, there's a book that is used in the University of Madinah (KSA); a book that's super popular around the world, and known to be a beyond-excellent resource for learning Arabic for non-Arabic speakers. That is, it's designed for foreigners who's mother-tongue is not Arabic.

The PDF is available here: https://abdurrahman.org/arabic-learning/madina-arabic/

Like I said, having an excellent teacher is an important element in the formula. And this guy on YouTube is very well known, plus he teaches from the very book I mentioned: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfZi-r_ckkk&list=PL6yio5bdKg5QbclBgvkPyUcoAHRMOZSLP

Next, there is also another site you could consider: LearnArabic.com

I haven't used the site because I already speak the language quite well, but this is something stated on the site (on the help page):

"...is for anyone of any age and any size! Whether you are a 4 year old child or an 86 year old granny, you can jump straight in no matter what your current level of Arabic. Courses are always in development and new material will be published regularly."

To top that, for anyone who wishes to work in the Middle East (specially in KSA - where you best be good with basic professional Arabic), this is another site that you could consider: LearnArabicForWork.com - which advertises a 40-70 day learning program.

Of course Arabic, like any language, takes practice to become fluent. You need to speak, listen etc. I would sit at Arabic lectures in UAE and KSA and note down the words I didn't understand, then after the lecture, translate them. And of course I work with native Arabs. So the constant back-and-forth really helps.

However, without the understanding of the sentence structure and grammar, if you try working with the Arabs, you'll likely fall into the common market language used by non-Arabs. Who let's say completely mess up the whole language that it makes me cringe to listen. - And cringe to type.

TLDR; Again, Arabic is one of the easiest languages to learn. I can assure you of that. *My native language is English. Just that it takes quite a bit of practice and listening, speaking etc to become fluent. Of course!
Original post by bravoseries
Hey, so this is pretty much my first post here, but when it comes to learning and using Arabic, this is a subject I'm well versed in being a foreign student to the Arabic language who speaks it quite well with the Arabs, plus lived in KSA, and UAE. In UAE we speak with people of many Arabic dialects, from Egyptian, to Syrian, etc, so it's not just the "fusha" that I'm used to.

Basically learning Arabic is pretty easy. It's an easy language, with seriously cool language structure. The only thing is, you'd better be learning with a good teacher, who's using good teaching material and methods.

And of course the student really needs to do his/her part at the end of the day.

Now, there's a book that is used in the University of Madinah (KSA); a book that's super popular around the world, and known to be a beyond-excellent resource for learning Arabic for non-Arabic speakers. That is, it's designed for foreigners who's mother-tongue is not Arabic.

The PDF is available here: https://abdurrahman.org/arabic-learning/madina-arabic/

Like I said, having an excellent teacher is an important element in the formula. And this guy on YouTube is very well known, plus he teaches from the very book I mentioned: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfZi-r_ckkk&list=PL6yio5bdKg5QbclBgvkPyUcoAHRMOZSLP

Next, there is also another site you could consider: LearnArabic.com

I haven't used the site because I already speak the language quite well, but this is something stated on the site (on the help page):

"...is for anyone of any age and any size! Whether you are a 4 year old child or an 86 year old granny, you can jump straight in no matter what your current level of Arabic. Courses are always in development and new material will be published regularly."

To top that, for anyone who wishes to work in the Middle East (specially in KSA - where you best be good with basic professional Arabic), this is another site that you could consider: LearnArabicForWork.com - which advertises a 40-70 day learning program.

Of course Arabic, like any language, takes practice to become fluent. You need to speak, listen etc. I would sit at Arabic lectures in UAE and KSA and note down the words I didn't understand, then after the lecture, translate them. And of course I work with native Arabs. So the constant back-and-forth really helps.

However, without the understanding of the sentence structure and grammar, if you try working with the Arabs, you'll likely fall into the common market language used by non-Arabs. Who let's say completely mess up the whole language that it makes me cringe to listen. - And cringe to type.

TLDR; Again, Arabic is one of the easiest languages to learn. I can assure you of that. *My native language is English. Just that it takes quite a bit of practice and listening, speaking etc to become fluent. Of course!

I agree! I have learnt the Saudi Dialect, I don't understand 100% but I have reached a proficient level where I can independently hold a conversation and converse with native speakers (probably with a few grammatical errors).

I don't think Arabic is a difficult language, I am now learning French and I find French more difficult than Arabic or maybe its because im in the beginning stages.

Arabic has been so fun to learn! I also use Hellotalk to communicate with native speakers (language exchange application).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending