The Student Room Group

Summer 2015 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by will2348
Interns in front office are 45k pro rota. No bonuses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

that is madness!! citibank/merill lynch are only offering 600pounds max for interns in my country!

offtopic: is glassdoor a good place to see salaries of interns for most industries? (banking/engineering?)
Original post by Mathmatician
A non target and maths

Oh that's good! Who did you ring exactly? Try to get through to head of recruitment or something?
Original post by Klearcut
that is madness!! citibank/merill lynch are only offering 600pounds max for interns in my country!

offtopic: is glassdoor a good place to see salaries of interns for most industries? (banking/engineering?)

Yes, Glassdoor is relatively reliable but sometimes out-dated and make sure you are searching the right position. You are best searching on various sources and then averaging it out to get a good idea.
oh, this is interesting!

I'll be starting uni in September so will definitely be looking out for things for first year students - what advice would you guys give me? :smile:
Original post by economicsuon
Yeah I'm trying to get everything together in preparation for applying, anyone know when the applications for what banks open?

What uni is everyone here at? And studying what?

I don't think many people are open to saying which uni they're from. I'm assuming you're from Uni of Notts by your username? Doing econ as well, I know quite a few people that got internships and grad jobs from there with econ so you should be okay if my assumptions are right.

My question is the same though, does anyone have any idea as to when applications are opening for banks? I've been looking around a few websites for their opening date but I keep getting information on 2014 intake...getting quite frustrating now.
Original post by ShadowFlames
I don't think many people are open to saying which uni they're from. I'm assuming you're from Uni of Notts by your username? Doing econ as well, I know quite a few people that got internships and grad jobs from there with econ so you should be okay if my assumptions are right.

My question is the same though, does anyone have any idea as to when applications are opening for banks? I've been looking around a few websites for their opening date but I keep getting information on 2014 intake...getting quite frustrating now.

It's usually August for banks. Big 4 are opening very soon.
Really in two minds whether to apply for Research or IBD.. Headcount only thing making me wary of the former.
i only managed a 2:2 in first year but managed some spring weeks and got very high a levels , is it true i cannot even apply to most summer internships in IB/Consulting/Big 4 without a 2:1 in first year?
Original post by mandem2k11
i only managed a 2:2 in first year but managed some spring weeks and got very high a levels , is it true i cannot even apply to most summer internships in IB/Consulting/Big 4 without a 2:1 in first year?

Should be generally alright if you're predicted a 2.1 Some might rule you out. Also, depends if you've got a high, low or mid 2.2.
It's usually August for banks. Big 4 are opening very soon.

WHat date do the big four usually open?
Original post by ShadowFlames

Yeah I'm from Uni of Nottingham :smile: I got a first this year so hopefully that should look alright when applying! :/ Yeah I dno when they all open I think Deutsche bank is open now for 2015?
Original post by economicsuon
Yeah I'm from Uni of Nottingham :smile: I got a first this year so hopefully that should look alright when applying! :/ Yeah I dno when they all open I think Deutsche bank is open now for 2015?

Not yet mate, that's the off-cycle
Original post by Cutmeloose
Really in two minds whether to apply for Research or IBD.. Headcount only thing making me wary of the former.

Whichever you prefer. Although there will be less spaces for research most likely less people will apply.
Original post by Mathmatician
WHat date do the big four usually open?

Tuesday for EY.

Remember you saying you didn't like IBD as much as you thought you would. If that's the case, you don't want to be doing that for 100 hours a week. And while some of it is great, other parts really, really suck.

I think you should go for Research. You seem to like that more. You get to stay close to the market, great industry/company insight, build a reputation and get reasonably good modelling expertise. Plus, you have less hours but still great experience and you're likely to last longer. Don't be put off, everyone goes for IBD by default. By choosing Research, you've already shown you've thought about this deeply especially if you say how your experience of IBD made you realise what you actually wanted.

If not, I guess you can spread your apps between them.
Tuesday for EY.

Thanks mate
Should be generally alright if you're predicted a 2.1 Some might rule you out. Also, depends if you've got a high, low or mid 2.2.

How do firms check your first year results?
Original post by printergirl
How do firms check your first year results?

Most don't ask for your first year result and you can just put predicted 2.1 or whatever. I think a few may ask for your first year/module marks.

However, for those that ask for CVs, something might appear amiss, if you omit your first year grade and put 2.1 prediction considering that most students will mention what they got in first year.
Most don't ask for your first year result and you can just put predicted 2.1 or whatever. I think a few may ask for your first year/module marks.

However, for those that ask for CVs, something might appear amiss, if you omit your first year grade and put 2.1 prediction considering that most students will mention what they got in first year.

So your CV should include 1st year grades?

Should you always attach cv/cover letter when possible on online forms, such as deloitte online has an option for them, but it isnt necessary
Hi Dears,

Does anyone here applying investment banking internship in Paris for 2015 summer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending