The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Rules in accommodation at Liverpool?

Hey,

For those who are at Liverpool at the moment or have been, what sort of rules are there for the rooms that you get told through the uni?

I'm looking at Vine Court, but I don't know what the uni rules will be on visitors, hanging things up on walls, blu-tak, that sort of stuff?

Hope someone can help me out, I'm just very curious :smile:

Thanks! :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by tillyc
For those who are at Liverpool at the moment or have been, what sort of rules are there for the rooms that you get told through the uni?

I'm looking at Vine Court, but I don't know what the uni rules will be on visitors, hanging things up on walls, blu-tak, that sort of stuff?

Pretty standard stuff you'd expect really. You'll be told not to pin stuff to the walls or use blue tack; in practice most people probably do with little or no penalty unless some real damage is caused.

As for guests, when I was in halls so long as you let your flatmates know (whoever you shared kitchen/bathroom with) that someone was staying it wasn't really an issue. Officially there was like a 3 day limit as well? But again, so long as no trouble was caused, and you made no reason(s) for staff to be informed, it was never really an issue. I stayed at Melville Grove and had bare minimal contact or interaction from the Residential Advisors so we never really had any issues.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by tillyc
Hey,

Hope someone can help me out, I'm just very curious :smile:

Thanks! :biggrin::biggrin:

Hey, congrats on making the right decision to go to UoL :wink: You will definitely love Vine Court and you will notice that people from other halls (looking at you, Carnatic) will immediately ask you "are you posh then?" after you've told them you live in VC. I lived in VC last year and while in most cases they aren't too stringent with the rules there are some things that the RAs and security guards do get bothered by.

You can expect the same rules as everywhere else - no smoking in your room, no wedging your door open (fire hazards). They tell you to use white-tac for your posters because it leaves less of a mark but they aren't too bothered in reality by the marks left by blu-tac.

In terms of guests, they don't seem too bothered by it. Officially you're supposed to sign them in, but in reality they don't care about you having guests and I don't think I knew anybody who ever signed anybody in for the whole time we were there. Do note though that anything that one of your guests does gets thrown back on you - I had a flat mate who's friend stayed for the week and set the fire extinguisher off in our living room which my flat mate had to pay for :P

The one rule that caused the most friction between the students and the security is the one regarding parties however - no music or parties after 11pm, and that is on weekends as well. The amount of trouble caused by it was massive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending