The Student Room Group

Renting a flat as an international, after the end of course

Hi. I am an international postgraduate student due to finish my course (and student accommodation lease) this August. I’d like to stay in the UK and wait for my graduation, but I am unsure of my status when renting. Should I apply to rent as a student, as I am currently a student? Or should I rent as a professional, as my course will end soon? Are there any international students with advice on this? Thanks in advance!
Original post by mchlla
Hi. I am an international postgraduate student due to finish my course (and student accommodation lease) this August. I’d like to stay in the UK and wait for my graduation, but I am unsure of my status when renting. Should I apply to rent as a student, as I am currently a student? Or should I rent as a professional, as my course will end soon? Are there any international students with advice on this? Thanks in advance!

I believe you are classed as a student until you graduate. However, I am uncertain of this in terms of UK immigration rules, therefore if you are wondering in terms of visa/immigration status I would refer to UK Home Office rules and guidance since there are important, and often complex rules which as a student rep I would be unable to advise on.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending