The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abdul-Karim

Lol, who really cares about uni first years tho

Good point but I don't want to fail either way if I want to apply for a summer internship if I need to.
Original post by MaGeehkaal
lol so i can rejected by PWC but have an interview invite at Goldman Sachs?

PwC has psychometric test whereas Goldman doesn't, that could be one reason, another is they're looking for different skills too. Anyway, well done on getting the interview, all the best!
Original post by Razina17
Good point but I don't want to fail either way if I want to apply for a summer internship if I need to.

As a current second year, I can tell you that it takes quite a lot to fail a year, I think only 5 people out of 250 people failed last year on my course. You will be fine.
Original post by Razina17

Convert a spring and you're good to go.. but fair enough. My advice isn't wise.
Nice! Congrats to your BAML offer. Only place I got rejected so far post interview...

Cool, int applicant. I study Cass Business School, London.
Original post by MathsNerd1
As a current second year, I can tell you that it takes quite a lot to fail a year, I think only 5 people out of 250 people failed last year on my course. You will be fine.

inb4 school full of nerds. People who apply for purely maths don't know what failure is mate.
Original post by paradeplatz
Nice! Congrats to your BAML offer. Only place I got rejected so far post interview...

Sorry to hear that, did you ask for feedback?
Which rank did your interviewer have? VP? My interview was heavily focused on his industry teams and on the deals he closed.

vp. mine shortly introduced himself and told me few things about his recent work. the rest was competency based. maybe it really depends on the person who interviews.
kinda unfair
Sorry to hear that, did you ask for feedback?

sorry might be a stupid question but is it "appropriate" to ask your interviewer why you were rejected? thought about asking mine.
Original post by Emily941
sorry might be a stupid question but is it "appropriate" to ask your interviewer why you were rejected? thought about asking mine.

I would personally word it in a different way and ask where they thought I was weakest during the interview, so I could know where to improve for the future.
Original post by Emily941

Ask for some feedback yeah. Don't say why was I rejected though.

"Hi x,

Thank you for considering my application. I was wondering whether you could offer me some feedback etc.. etc.. "
Original post by MathsNerd1
I would personally word it in a different way and ask where they thought I was weakest during the interview, so I could know where to improve for the future.

of course, i shortened my answer. thank you!
Ask for some feedback yeah. Don't say why was I rejected though.

"Hi x,

Thank you for considering my application. I was wondering whether you could offer me some feedback etc.. etc.. "

sounds good, thank you!
Nope. On phone. No competencies at all. Some tough technicals. Some in-depth question about GS.

Hi mate! What kind of in-depth GS questions did you get? :biggrin:
Reply 5474
GS securities interview.
GS and Rothschild are really scaring me now...
Reply 5476
Original post by IB Fanboy
Guys, just gotten a Rothschild interview this friday - any ways/suggestions to prep?

My first interview, so I have no prior experience with spring week interviews. If anyone can share their exp or suggestions, I will be extremely grateful!

Many thanks,

Original post by Drossell
Rothschild interview

Did you guys get the invite by phone or email?
Original post by DXG
Did you guys get the invite by phone or email?

Email
Anyone applied for JPM winning women programme?? I had an interview with them but have not heard back since :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interview at GS!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending