The Student Room Group

Study help

I am a student of B.Sc Maths(Hons.). I will be graduating next year as I have got a year back. I am interested in finance,economic,banking sector or the stock market but I am not sure to which course to apply for. I plan on working this year.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Reply 1
What are you asking? Do you want to study a masters degree? Or are you looking for potential jobs to apply for? Do you have any internship experience?
Reply 2
Original post by tory88
What are you asking? Do you want to study a masters degree? Or are you looking for potential jobs to apply for? Do you have any internship experience?

Yes a masters degree in one of the fields that I mentioned.I have a gap year so I will be working this year but not sure where as its not going to be easy finding 1.I did work in an event company fr 2 months, thats it. I know there are quite a few master degrees in the fields I mentioned but I dont know which 1 to go for where maths hons would help and come int play. A masters degree where maths and finance/banking/economics are there. Something like financial mathematics and economics forecastin but like this there are other courses and I am confused as to which 1 to go for where my degree in maths will benefit me the most
Reply 3
Original post by zizou2410
Yes a masters degree in one of the fields that I mentioned.I have a gap year so I will be working this year but not sure where as its not going to be easy finding 1.I did work in an event company fr 2 months, thats it. I know there are quite a few master degrees in the fields I mentioned but I dont know which 1 to go for where maths hons would help and come int play. A masters degree where maths and finance/banking/economics are there. Something like financial mathematics and economics forecastin but like this there are other courses and I am confused as to which 1 to go for where my degree in maths will benefit me the most

You should be looking to choose a masters based on what you are interested in, not what you will find easiest. And anyway, what you will find easiest depends on the modules which made up your degree. Choose something you think you will enjoy, and would like to work in in the future - I would suggest trying to secure some work experience in the financial sector, to allow you to make a better informed decision.

Quick Reply

Latest