The Student Room Group

The latest sports scandals

Did anyone see the three pages in the national Daily Mail and the coverage on the news regarding 2 Saints players apparantly backing against their team?

If this is true what should happen? Banned for life, season or some other punishment?

Oh and while we are at it Rugby Union is in trouble too - many tickets allocated to players for England games ended up on the black market!!!

Is this a big issue, or just a fact or sport?
Reply 1
Does this mean that there actions are ok?
I can see Gleeson making a move to Wigan at the end of the year after this.

Personally I do not see a problem with it on Long's part. How on earth do people think stockbrokers make money!? They use information for their advantage. The RFL rules state no player can put bets on, which is fair enough but I do not have a problem with a player not involved with the game putting bets on his own team through a friend.

I think it was Ben Cohen who was rather naughty.
Joey_Johns
I can see Gleeson making a move to Wigan at the end of the year after this.

Personally I do not see a problem with it on Long's part. How on earth do people think stockbrokers make money!? They use information for their advantage. The RFL rules state no player can put bets on, which is fair enough but I do not have a problem with a player not involved with the game putting bets on his own team through a friend.

I think it was Ben Cohen who was rather naughty.
matt stevens and olly barkely also did it but they are still being investigated
Mark_KK
Does this mean that there actions are ok?

Pies vs Warry Mark?

I'll go with the Pies by 6. It will be tight like the semi against Cas a couple of years ago when Wigan went on to win the cup, but the class of Wigan will shine through in the last 20...I hope.
Reply 5
Joey_Johns
Pies vs Warry Mark?

I'll go with the Pies by 6. It will be tight like the semi against Cas a couple of years ago when Wigan went on to win the cup, but the class of Wigan will shine through in the last 20...I hope.

Although my head says Wigan I feel that Wire will give them a real scare. If they can contain Lam then we could see Warrington make the final.
Mark_KK
Although my head says Wigan I feel that Wire will give them a real scare. If they can contain Lam then we could see Warrington make the final.

It will be interesting to see if Gregory plays Orr and Lam together. That partnership I feel could bloom the back end of this season.

Latest

Trending

Trending