The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University basketball team

Does anyone know if there is a University Basketball team ? If so anyone know if the team recruit any freshers and are there any tryouts ?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
My mate who's in his second year told me you can only try out if you're black. :s-smilie:

Don't know if that's true, but strange rule if so!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
My mate who's in his second year told me you can only try out if you're black.

Not at all, a lot of different people play for the team. There are tryouts, normally in freshers week or the week after. Your college may also have a basketball team, these teams play other colleges weekly and are also a great opportunity to get more involved in college life!

Hope this helps,
Jack
Universal Student Living Team
There is indeed a uni basketball team and by all accounts, isn't that bad at all.

http://teamdurhambasketball.wordpress.com/
Reply 4
Original post by Rooster523
There is indeed a uni basketball team and by all accounts, isn't that bad at all.

http://teamdurhambasketball.wordpress.com/

Do you know any more information regarding the procedure to be part of the team ? I could not find anything about recruiting players in any part of the university website.
Reply 5
Original post by canales
My mate who's in his second year told me you can only try out if you're black. :s-smilie:

Hope not, that would be cruel to do so in a Univeristy. :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by UniversalStudentLiving
Not at all, a lot of different people play for the team. There are tryouts, normally in freshers week or the week after. Your college may also have a basketball team, these teams play other colleges weekly and are also a great opportunity to get more involved in college life!

Hope this helps,
Jack
Universal Student Living Team

I would prefer to compete at a higher level than just social College Sports. Do you know any more information regarding the procedure to be part of the team ? I could not find anything about recruiting players in any part of the university website. Please let me know.

Thank you.
Original post by Gunso1
Do you know any more information regarding the procedure to be part of the team ? I could not find anything about recruiting players in any part of the university website.

Original post by Gunso1
I would prefer to compete at a higher level than just social College Sports. Do you know any more information regarding the procedure to be part of the team ? I could not find anything about recruiting players in any part of the university website. Please let me know.

Thank you.

The University sports teams have their own freshers fair during Freshers week. You sign up and then show up to trials whenever they care to arrange them.

Would also like to add: Not all college sport is purely social. College sports leagues are also very competitive
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest