The Student Room Group

Indoor snow sledging - what to wear??

We are taking a group to xscape next week and I've never been. Any ideas would be great, in winter I normally find anything near zero degrees really cold, and I think the temperate is at around -5 so any ideas on what to wear would be excellent?

Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by weelaura86
We are taking a group to xscape next week and I've never been. Any ideas would be great, in winter I normally find anything near zero degrees really cold, and I think the temperate is at around -5 so any ideas on what to wear would be excellent?

Thank you

You can rent salopettes from Xscape if you don't own any, and then just wear something light like leggings underneath them. Otherwise, any kind of relatively-waterproof tracksuit bottoms would be fine too.

I'm pretty sure you can also rent gloves and ski jackets. I tend to get really hot once I'm in there so I wear the outer layer of my ski jacket (it's a Trespass one that detaches so you can remove the inner fleece) and a t-shirt, but if you get cold then I'd suggest a hoodie too. Make sure whatever you go for is easy to move in, because it sucks to have your movement constrained by a million layers.

You'll get helmets but most thin hats will fit underneath them if you want something to cover your ears. Don't forget thick socks and another pair to change into after, as yours will probably get damp. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest