The Student Room Group

Advice on Teeth Whitening?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tehforum
Did you guys get people noticing your teeth/compliments after using the whitening strips?

Yeah sometimes, it's not the sort of thing people really notice though tbh. They're not Hollywood white, but I can definitely tell the difference and so can my friends. In photos I used to stand out as having a yellow smile, now it's usually the whitest. Just makes me a bit more confident really.
Did you guys get people noticing your teeth/compliments after using the whitening strips?

Yeah, definitely. I noticed the difference in a week maybe, especially on a couple of my teeth that were naturally a little bit darker. I've had a few compliments from closer friends, but my mum especially says she can totally notice the difference. I know a few other people who've used white strips, with pretty bad dark teeth before and the difference is just pretty crazy. I've probably used about 13 days worth and saved the rest for 'top ups'. I was surprised how much it did change tbh cause was a bit apprehensive. Obviously they're not perfectly white but they are a lot brighter than before.
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Yeah sometimes, it's not the sort of thing people really notice though tbh. They're not Hollywood white, but I can definitely tell the difference and so can my friends. In photos I used to stand out as having a yellow smile, now it's usually the whitest. Just makes me a bit more confident really.

fair enough.

every little helps :wink:

I bought two boxes of the 20 day treatment for £40 odd quid from eBay, shipped from Hong Kong.

Can't wait for the results.

I get compliments on my teeth weekly.
Crest whitening strips FTW! Cheap and cheerful :smile:
Contemplating going to the dentist for this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still not sure whether I should go for whitening strips or the trip to the dentist?
Original post by Lil3utterfly
Still not sure whether I should go for whitening strips or the trip to the dentist?

How much will a trip to the dentists cost?

Everyone raves about the whitening strips, and you can nab a full treatment for something like 30-40 quid.
How much will a trip to the dentists cost?

Everyone raves about the whitening strips, and you can nab a full treatment for something like 30-40 quid.

It's around 400-500 for the Zoom Whitening. It's not that I don't want to, but because my teeth are in pretty bad condition, so I want to go for the one that will whiten it as much as possible.
Original post by Lil3utterfly

If you've got the money for it then you may aswell go to the dentist. The reason being that after one session you'll probably have very white teeth. The Whitestrips do take time to work and you have to remember to do them every day for 2 weeks, and even then the results aren't like..celebrity white, just a nice natural white. If you want really quite teeth quickly then dentist it is.
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
If you've got the money for it then you may aswell go to the dentist. The reason being that after one session you'll probably have very white teeth. The Whitestrips do take time to work and you have to remember to do them every day for 2 weeks, and even then the results aren't like..celebrity white, just a nice natural white. If you want really quite teeth quickly then dentist it is.

Yeah, I don't want natural, ivory teeth that most people have.
I'm aiming for whiter. Thanks for answering though :tongue:
Original post by hollieeilloh
I know this isn't aimed at me but thought I'd answer. I've used Crest strips a lot, and normally my teeth are not at all sensitive - they're the opposite, they're like overly strong apparently. When I use strips, maybe about 6 hours later I'll feel a bit of sensitivity, but it's totally worth it for the results. Once or twice it's been pretty damn sore, but then if you feel overly sensitive I'd just lay off them for a few days before carrying on! :smile:

It's okay and thanks for your reply :wink: I should probably give them a go, hopefully won't make my teeth even more sensitive because they are actually quite sensitive :smile:
Stay away from caliwhitec.uk, Crestwhitestrips.co.uk, teethwhiteningshop.co.uk, crestwhitestripsonline.co.uk and other scammers! All of them sell fake products. All products are sent from Hong Kong or China. I contacted manufacturer providing photos of the item I received from Hong Kong and received a reply that they can't provide any information about non-genuine products. Manufacturer suggested me to purchase Crest products from a reputable retailer. AVOID SCAMMERS and only buy Crest products from a reputable retailers (mostly based in the USA).
Original post by customer2018
Stay away from caliwhitec.uk, Crestwhitestrips.co.uk, teethwhiteningshop.co.uk, crestwhitestripsonline.co.uk and other scammers! All of them sell fake products. All products are sent from Hong Kong or China. I contacted manufacturer providing photos of the item I received from Hong Kong and received a reply that they can't provide any information about non-genuine products. Manufacturer suggested me to purchase Crest products from a reputable retailer. AVOID SCAMMERS and only buy Crest products from a reputable retailers (mostly based in the USA).

Sounds like you got scammed. Poor you😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest