The Student Room Group

Twin block brace

Hi, I got my twin block back in last year about November time and have been wearing them day and night and the last time I went to the orthandonist they said I just need to wear for night time and I kind of gave up after that and I recently tried to put them back in after a maybe a month of not wearing it and it's so tight and doesn't really fit my mouth anymore. I can fit the top brace in fully I'm pretty sure but not the bottom one which hurts to attempt to put in and I get actual braces on the 13th of July and I need advice because I don't know what to do and I'm just wearing my top one Atm but idk if that's bad and I usually turn up to the appointment with them both in and I can't get the bottom one in so what do I do?? Any replies would be appreciated:smile:
Honestly all you can do is just wear them 24/7 between now and then (if you can do, keep trying) and own up to it. It might mean you can't get your braces on until next appointment eg but hopefully that's the worst that'll happen. But you have a week or so before then so just do what you can :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by furryface12
Honestly all you can do is just wear them 24/7 between now and then (if you can do, keep trying) and own up to it. It might mean you can't get your braces on until next appointment eg but hopefully that's the worst that'll happen. But you have a week or so before then so just do what you can :smile:

I really appreciate your reply:smile: a quick question, do I just wear my top brace then because putting my bottom one in hurts and I'm scared I'll damage my teeth or do I just deal with the pain until then and try get it used to my teeth again?
Reply 3
Original post by Kshskshaljwke
I really appreciate your reply:smile: a quick question, do I just wear my top brace then because putting my bottom one in hurts and I'm scared I'll damage my teeth or do I just deal with the pain until then and try get it used to my teeth again?

i'd say try your best to put the bottom one in now since you're going to need to wear them anyway until your orthodontist puts on train track braces.
if you really can't then just tell your orthodontist but unfortunately i don't think there's anything you can do as you'll need to wear them likely for longer now if the position of your jaw isn't properly aligned yet.
as someone who had to wear twin blocks for ages and still has braces i'm wishing you luck on your orthodontic journey !
Reply 4
Original post by fernducko
i'd say try your best to put the bottom one in now since you're going to need to wear them anyway until your orthodontist puts on train track braces.
if you really can't then just tell your orthodontist but unfortunately i don't think there's anything you can do as you'll need to wear them likely for longer now if the position of your jaw isn't properly aligned yet.
as someone who had to wear twin blocks for ages and still has braces i'm wishing you luck on your orthodontic journey !

Thank you, I will take your advice:smile:
Original post by Kshskshaljwke

Put the bottom one in if you can and slowly build up the time - hopefully it'll begin to hurt less as your jaw starts to move back. As fernducko says though, if it won't go in there's not a lot you can do. Other than just wait for your appointment and see what they decide :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest