The Student Room Group

The way my mum treats me specifically when she started uni. BTW i have INATTENTIVE AD

I have a really bad relationship with my mum and guess how sh treats me. And i am a person with inattentive ADHD and my mum doesnt get it because i feel my brain just shut down when i am bored.And i kid you not i am a year 9 student going to start my GSCE's from next year and i have the type of mother who spends most of her time on Facebook and goes to university in Birmingham all she does is go to the class or lecture she needs and she is doing Business and marketing. And i kid you not i am the person sitting there 24/7 doing her assignments. And i will tell you it is not easy not knowing the content and not wanting to business anyway (i want to do architecture in Cambridge) and sitting there doing a business assignment. I have been doing this since like year 8. And you might say oh you could just have used Chat GP or any AI software but you will be the person who in this case is my mother and when you start work will not get anything because those essays you decide to do using AI software. I am pretty sure you cant be bothered to re check it meaning you will have lost like 3-5 years of life going to uni or school for no reason as you cant get a job if you dont know the content. Jobs are mostly about the practical side and knowledge based than large essays.
I hope you Get what i mean
JF ZAK
Original post by JF ZAK
I have a really bad relationship with my mum and guess how sh treats me. And i am a person with inattentive ADHD and my mum doesnt get it because i feel my brain just shut down when i am bored.And i kid you not i am a year 9 student going to start my GSCE's from next year and i have the type of mother who spends most of her time on Facebook and goes to university in Birmingham all she does is go to the class or lecture she needs and she is doing Business and marketing. And i kid you not i am the person sitting there 24/7 doing her assignments. And i will tell you it is not easy not knowing the content and not wanting to business anyway (i want to do architecture in Cambridge) and sitting there doing a business assignment. I have been doing this since like year 8. And you might say oh you could just have used Chat GP or any AI software but you will be the person who in this case is my mother and when you start work will not get anything because those essays you decide to do using AI software. I am pretty sure you cant be bothered to re check it meaning you will have lost like 3-5 years of life going to uni or school for no reason as you cant get a job if you dont know the content. Jobs are mostly about the practical side and knowledge based than large essays.
I hope you Get what i mean
JF ZAK

Have you ever sat down with your mother and tell her your interests and what you think is best for you?
Reply 2
Original post by Prof. Scarlet
Have you ever sat down with your mother and tell her your interests and what you think is best for you?

I have it started when i was year 5 and she tried to make me become a dentsits as i grew up it was not the thing i wanted when i talked to her about it. she said that i must become a dentist so i find a cure for my teeth according to her '' teeth problem''. apparently i have something wrong with my teeth as they are growing faster than my mouth can handle i am curently 13 coming 14 at july and the teeth just before my wisdom are growing. which is i as a person did not find convincing. i liked the idea of making little children happy and i remebered the way my younger sibilings and young children like the icecream van so i was going to start that bussiness but there we have the issue my mom has with jobs. ''you will get kinapped, robbed or worse you can get killed'' which is extreme if you asked me. so from then on i dont speak or discuss with her anything i want to do as my job in life anymore as she just doesnt understand me. I feel like she doesnt care and when i have my moments. because having ADHD of the inattentive type cause me trouble paying attention to details, are easily distracted, often have trouble organizing or finishing tasks and often forget routine chores or you find me paying attention to detail because ii get emotional overwelmed.

The only thing that i use to calm my mother down when these subjects come up i say i want to go to cambridge and she gets so full of her self that i know the topic is finished. I would like some advice.
JF ZAK

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending